Windows 10: Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard

Discus and support Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm looking for some utility or window manager that provides me with the following ability in oder to code in a easy way. I need to work with two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ConKernel, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard

I'm looking for some utility or window manager that provides me with the following ability in oder to code in a easy way.

I need to work with two windows vertically, occupying the entire screen. At some point, I would like to be able to press a keyboard shortcut that can resize both windows, making one narrower and the other wider, or vice versa. I've seen this functionality in Tmux, for example, and I would like to be able to bring it to Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/ConKernel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ConKernel, Mar 24, 2024

2. how to resize touch keyboard win10 Pro 1909

Hello es5899 as a result of my research Touch Keyboard on Windows 10 1909 does not have the function to resize touch keyboard anymore. i suggest that you try disabling the touch keyboard then start using On-Screen Keyboard that is resizable and movable.

I'm really sorry about the problem on higher windows 10 update

Kyle M.

Kyle Angel Bayani, Mar 24, 2024
  3. Arashdn Win User
    Touch keyboard not resizing window

Sorry for my bad English.

I have recently updated my surface pro3 to win10.

Back in win8.1 after opening the touch keyboard , behind window was resized autmatically to fit on screen upon keyboard.

Now in win10 when keybaord in opened behined windows will not be resized.

Is there any way to re-enable this feature?

Arashdn, Mar 24, 2024
  4. dperecky Win User

Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard

keyboard window resize snap?

Do not have Win10, but am wondering something.

In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap .

It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows on the desktop, not just the one that you are currently typing into. And this annoying behavior continues for a bit even after that button is reset.

Please tell me that this is fixed in Win10???!?

dperecky, Mar 24, 2024
Thema:

Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard

1. Resizing windows like tmux in win10 using keyboard - Similar Threads - Resizing tmux win10

2. Resize Win 10 touch keyboard not OSK keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resize Win 10 touch keyboard not OSK keyboard: I came across the question and it was not fully answered . A solution that uses regedit is at https://silicophilic.com/resize-touch-screen-keyboard/?unapproved=4287&moderation-hash=ffbb6e0d0311c9969a4bde33b396e836#comment-4287...
  3. Resizing windows in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Resizing windows in Win10: I'm new to Windows 10. I upgraded from a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I notice that the windows that I open from folders continually "fold up" so no icons are visible. I have to re-size them constantly so that they show the folder's contents correctly. I was able to...
  4. how to resize touch keyboard win10 Pro 1909

how to resize touch keyboard win10 Pro 1909: Please someone teach me, how to resize the touch keyboard, not on screen keyboard. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-resize-touch-keyboard-win10-pro-1909/9b73e9d4-6476-444d-bc5b-1a1e859835dd
  5. Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Win10 Apps Using Keyboard Hotkeys: I'm trying to find my Windows Apps and open them using my keyboard's hotkeys. I came here instead of the Logitech forums since my question is more about file paths. I'm using a Logitech K350 keyboard, and I'm trying to get a hotkey to open the Windows 10 Spotify app. Under...
  6. How to resize handwriting keyboard in Win10

How to resize handwriting keyboard in Win10: After updating Win 10 I cannot resize the handwriting keyboard. The Handwriting keyboard is too narrow in height that I cannot write Chinese properly. How can I make it higher?...
  7. Resized Window Resizing By Itself

Resized Window Resizing By Itself: Hi, Every few days or so, desktop windows (e.g., windows explorer) that i have resized revert back to the default size by themselves. The window also changes position from where i had it, putting itself in the top left corner. Whem this problem occurs i also notice changes...
  8. Windows resize when I'm not using the system

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows resize when I'm not using the system: I've been running Windows 10 for about 2 years now, and I had it working pretty much the way I wanted. Then I got a new laptop with a fresh new Win10 install, and a few things are acting a bit weird. When I'm not using the system -- triggered, I suspect, by the system...
  9. windows automatically resizing when dragged win10

windows automatically resizing when dragged win10: When I drag a window it automatically resizes to full window. I have tried the options regarding snap that I have seen on lots of answers but it does not work. I have tried a different mouse, changed the settings etc, but it still happens. Does anyone have an answer to...
  10. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...