Windows 10: my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen

Discus and support my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone,I'm a user of a Ryzen 3 2200G APU with Radeon Vega 8 graphics on my Windows 10 system. Recently, I've been experiencing a persistent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tomas de la vara, May 3, 2024.

1. my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen

Hello everyone,I'm a user of a Ryzen 3 2200G APU with Radeon Vega 8 graphics on my Windows 10 system. Recently, I've been experiencing a persistent issue with the graphics driver that leaves me with a black screen after installing the latest version 31.0.21912.14. Additionally, the screen resolution is fixed at 1680x1050 and cannot be changed. When attempting to open the AMD Radeon Software, I'm prompted with the message "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible."The black screen issue occurs immediately after installing the driver. Upon restarting the system, t

:)

tomas de la vara, May 3, 2024

2. basic display adapter drivers

To update the driver for the Basic Display Adapter in Windows 10, follow these steps:

1. Open Device Manager: Right-click on the "Start" button and select "Device Manager" from the context menu.
    2. Locate Display Adapters: In the Device Manager window, expand the "Display adapters" section. You should see "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" listed.
    3. Right-click and Update Driver: Right-click on "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and select "Update driver" from the dropdown menu.
    4. Choose Update Method: In the Update Drivers window, you will have two options:
      • Search automatically for updated driver software: This option will allow Windows to search online for the latest driver and install it automatically.
      • Browse my computer for driver software: If you have already downloaded the latest driver from the manufacturer's website, select this option and browse to the location where the driver is saved on your computer.
    5. Automatically Install: If you selected the first option, Windows will search for the latest driver and automatically install it if one is found.
    6. Manual Installation: If you selected the second option, browse to the location of the downloaded driver and follow the on-screen instructions to manually install it.
    7. Restart Your Computer: After the driver update is complete, it's a good idea to restart your computer to apply the changes fully.

DavidJacob3245, May 3, 2024
  3. microsoft basic display adapter

VGN-FS570, clean install from xp to win 10 having a problem the graphic display, only seeing microsoft basic display adapter, not getting the full screen of the display, cannot change the adapter, tried
    to install adapter, not supported by your device

the problem is cannot change microsoft basic display adapter, not getting full screen on display, also seeing a yellow arrow on the adapter in device manager, was able to get full screen when using win xp. how do i fix this problem,
    I have tried numerous technique without success

CurtisClaxton, May 3, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen

Black screen after uninstalling Microsoft Basic display adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving a black screen after uninstalling Microsoft Basic Display adapter.

However, please let us know:

• Did you select the option ‘Delete driver software’ while uninstalling the driver?

• What is the complete model number of the computer?

I would suggest you to try booting the computer in to
    Safe mode
    by referring the section From a black or blank screen and see if that helps. If you are able to boot the computer to Safe mode, I would suggest you to try performing a system restore and see if that helps.

To perform a system restore, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to
      Start and search for ‘Run

2. In Run dialog box, type
      rstrui and hit Enter.

3. On the
      System Restore window click on Next

4. Now select a
      System Restore point that is nearest to the date/time of the day when the changes were made.

5. Click on
      Next and click on Finish.

Note:
    Restoring your PC won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

For more information, see the section
    Restore from a system restore point from the article Restore
    from a system restore point

If you are unable to boot the computer to Safe mode, then you can refer the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC
    from the same article.

You may also wanted to refer the article on

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 3, 2024
Thema:

my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen

1. my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen - Similar Threads - works basic microsoft

2. my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen: Hello everyone,I'm a user of a Ryzen 3 2200G APU with Radeon Vega 8 graphics on my Windows 10 system. Recently, I've been experiencing a persistent issue with the graphics driver that leaves me with a black screen after installing the latest version 31.0.21912.14....
  3. my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my pc only works with the basic microsoft display adapter other drivers leave a black screen: Hello everyone,I'm a user of a Ryzen 3 2200G APU with Radeon Vega 8 graphics on my Windows 10 system. Recently, I've been experiencing a persistent issue with the graphics driver that leaves me with a black screen after installing the latest version 31.0.21912.14....
  4. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter broke my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Basic Display Adapter broke my pc.: I recently tried to install Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and as soon as I clicked Apply both of my monitors shut down. I've tried checking my cables that connect to my monitors and checking the input, but to no avail. The monitors are on when I turn the computer on but...
  5. basic display adapter drivers

basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  6. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    basic display adapter drivers: How can I update the driver for the basic display adapter windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/basic-display-adapter-drivers/b5adc157-a44f-4366-ae17-6342d8c362ef
  7. basic display adapter drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black Screen Issue, only work with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Black Screen Issue, only work with Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Hello. My HP Elitebook 8560w computer's display suddenly blackened 1 month ago, then I switched my AMD display driver to Microsoft basic display adapter in safe mode and using my computer right now with it. Every time I update my AMD FirePro M5950, it's blackening...
  9. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter *BLACK SCREEN* issue

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter *BLACK SCREEN* issue: Hello :) I did a clean reinstall of windows 10 64 bit on my Lenovo Y520, everything was okay until I had to update my Microsoft Basic Display Adapter to Intel Graphics 630, after this update my screen went black and can only be fixed if I boot in safe mode and roll back the...
  10. Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can only use "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" as my graphics driver: Hi, I'm having a really annoying issue where the only working driver I can use is the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". Every single other driver I have tried will all cause me to experience BSOD and the error message "Display Driver Has Stopped Responding". The issue...