Windows 10: How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

Discus and support How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 24, 2024.

1. WinClub New Member

How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10?

How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10? [​IMG]
    In this post, we are going to show you how to create an internet kill switch on Windows 11/10. It is mostly used in a panic situation when you need to disconnect your internet quickly. Thus, it is also known as a Panic Button. What is the kill switch on Windows internet? The “Kill Switch” […]

This article How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Mar 24, 2024
  2. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 24, 2024
  3. zacks Win User
    Kill Switch information

Thank you and have a great day,

Jeff LaPointe

Microsoft Dynamics GP

Ok, are you running away on behalf of Microsoft or as an individual?

I salute your new Boss for having the desktop restored in the latest update for Windows 8.1. It took balls to do what the users wanted.

I hope that the Chief Executive Office Mr. Satya Nadella takes time to read this thread. As you have heard in the news, maybe not, California State Senator Mark Leno, Senate District 11, and Chief of San Francisco Police Department George Gascon have
    jointly undertaken the Cellphone Kill Switch debate to the State Senate of California under
    SB 962 where it died. I have written to Senator Leno twice:

• Cell Phone Kill Switch

Honorable State Senator Mark Leno

The failure of the bill you introduced to require a kill switch on cell phones was flawed by ignorance. A leader of an initiative has the responsibility of being the best informed person on the topic, and you have failed that litmus test.

The News Media presented the Bill as a technological challenge that you have undertaken. The facts are simple and you should have mastered the issue prior to carrying its flag in a losing fight. The simple fact you have missed is that Windows Phone
    by Microsoft, which was never mentioned throughout your endeavor, has had a kill switch since its introduction in October 2010 under Windows 7 platform.

If you have understood that fact and used it as a fact that the carriers and other the players iPhone, et. al. could not escape from or argue against it technologically or any other counteraction.

You have failed because your failure of understanding the facts. That is not leadership; it is ignorance.

Regards,

Zack Shahin, PE

San Francisco

• Cell Phone Kill Switch

I respectfully request that you enumerate your degree of knowledge about the existing deployment of a Kill switch on all Windows Phones by Microsoft since its introduction in October 2010.

• Do you know that all Windows Phones have a Kill Switch since October 2010?
      • If the answer is yes, did you include that fact in the language of SB 962?
      • If the answer is no, why did you not research the current technologies already deployed in the market?
    • Are you aware of any cellphone provider that includes a Kill switch?
    • Are you familiar with the following page availability for all Windows Phone users?
    Find My Phone

• Windows Phone
    • NOKIA Lumia 920
    • (415) 240-9924
    • Phone location
    • San Francisco, CA
    • 4/28/2014 9:36 PM
    • Refresh |
      Print |
      Center on map
    • Ring
    • Lock
    • Erase
    What's this?

Sent from Windows Mail

Regards,

Zack Shahin, PE

San Francisco

Senator Leno has elected to respond to my messages to him as of this date

However, what is strikingly strange the silence from Microsoft about this national issue.
    Not a sing word. If I were Microsoft’s Sales, Technology, Public Relations, Bing, or even a minor autocrat, I would have jumped on the occasion to showcase my existing deployed technologies for protecting the purportedly a public safety
    issue affecting millions of users. Costing $30 Billion annually in insurance and replacement costs, and affecting the Public Safety worldwide.
    Where were you when the Congress considered a similar and failed to pass a similar bill?

It is totally illogical and someone at Microsoft has to address this issue, both on technological basis and enterprise interest of the Best Company in the World.

Truly Yours,

Zack Shahin, PE

San Francisco

zacks, Mar 24, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2024
Thema:

1. How to create an Internet Kill Switch on Windows 11/10? - Similar Threads - create Internet Kill

2. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot kill my internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot kill my internet: Everytime I turn on Mobile Hotspot it kills my internet. Nothing work. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-mobile-hotspot-kill-my-internet/274e0810-c043-4be4-980f-1abbf49d1d02
  3. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot kill my internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot kill my internet: Everytime I turn on Mobile Hotspot it kills my internet. Nothing work. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-mobile-hotspot-kill-my-internet/274e0810-c043-4be4-980f-1abbf49d1d02
  4. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.: Hi all,I've been working from home for about 2 years, using the same set up. I have a desk phone that I need for my job, and to avoid having a network cable running from the phone to the router which is in another room, and is a tripping hazard, I've been connecting to the...
  5. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.: Hi all,I've been working from home for about 2 years, using the same set up. I have a desk phone that I need for my job, and to avoid having a network cable running from the phone to the router which is in another room, and is a tripping hazard, I've been connecting to the...
  6. Microsoft is killing off Internet Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is killing off Internet Explorer on Windows 10: Microsoft has already confirmed it will kill off defunct web browsers in the coming months and additional details are finally available. According to updated support documentation, Internet Explorer is set to stop working next year and the browser will be retired on June 15,...
  7. Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch

Private Internet Access Re: Kill Switch: Anyone using PIA and have the Kill Switch enabled? They gave me a pop "dire" warning when I went to enable it: VPN Kill SwitchPlease only enable VPN Kill Switch if you really need it. The Kill Switch requires modifying the Operating System's network settings and can in rare...
  8. Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update killed internet- How do I fix this?: About a week ago I shut down my computer and clicked the "update and shut down" option. When I turned the computer on, I couldn't access the internet. The error I get when running the troubleshooter is that: ""Wi-Fi: doesn't have a valid IP configuration" I have tried to...
  9. CLOSE_WAIT Issue, Kills Internet

CLOSE_WAIT Issue, Kills Internet: So recently every few days I have been losing some functionality of the internet, mainly browser functions (all three major) and a few other internet related things. I can ping and lookup and etc. Well I narrowed it down by the Event Log Error and found out its due to the...
  10. Computer is Killing Internet

Computer is Killing Internet: Internet speed has been a battle for over a month. Thought it was AT&T, but found that if I disconnect my main computer, speeds return to normal. Same results if this PC is connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. I can shut this PC down, boot up a laptop, and the Internet is fine....