Windows 10: After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired

Discus and support After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a game that I run 2 characters on. The game is installed for one character in directory A and the second character in directory B; they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Renée Cooper, Apr 27, 2024.

1. After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired

I have a game that I run 2 characters on. The game is installed for one character in directory A and the second character in directory B; they are separate executables.Prior to the upgrade, I could run these and have my buttons on the taskbar separate from each other, making it easy to switch between them, something i have to be able to do rapidly while playing.Now the buttons are grouped and overlapping while the game is running. The article on how to ungroup them does not work; no matter what button settings I use for the taskbar, they are grouped and I cannot ungroup them so they can be c

:)

Renée Cooper, Apr 27, 2024
  2. Barman58 Win User

Pairing a phone to a car

One thing I would add ... There should be a list of paired devices on the phone, If so it would be best if you "UnPair" any devices listed on the phone as well as the phones shown on the Car. To Unpair a device from an Android Phone go to Settings, Bluetooth and there should be a list of paired devices - at the right of each paired device is a "Cog" icon click on this and click on the unpair option, repeat for any other unneeded devices.

Sometimes paired items get out of sync and both sides need to be removed to re-pair

Barman58, Apr 27, 2024
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Pairing a phone to a car

Hi there
    I've found also with Blu Tooth that the whole thing becomes unpaired if you have say a SatNav in your car with audio traffic alerts / warnings enabled. Same thing can happen with an inbound call.

If your car has a decent AUX IN it's probably easier to use the headphone output from your phone to the AUX in if you car has one. Mine has a decent Aux in by the central "lift up" console (coffee mugs, space for change etc) where I can put the whole phone in it.

I don't make or receive calls on mobile phones while driving.
    On our roads even looking at a satnav while moving can be dangerous at times -- we need to keep our eyes on the road 100% of the time -- lot of black ice around -- very hazardous - so putting phone out of reach and just playing music etc is just fine done that way.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 27, 2024
  4. After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired

Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all

I don't see you mentioning if you put the controller into pair mode or not as that may be necessary.

Controllers can only be paired to one thing at a time as they don't have multi device capability in 2021 so obviously another way is to pair it to something else and its definitely no longer paired anymore. You can then work on getting it to work again after that.

You might want to also forget it (unpair) in the Windows BT paired section once its unpaired physically and/or otherwise try a reboot should it still fail and then try again.

--dashdotdot, Apr 27, 2024
Thema:

After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired

1. After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired - Similar Threads - applying update taskbar

2. After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired: I have a game that I run 2 characters on. The game is installed for one character in directory A and the second character in directory B; they are separate executables.Prior to the upgrade, I could run these and have my buttons on the taskbar separate from each other, making...
  3. Can't unpair bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  4. Can't unpair bluetooth device

Can't unpair bluetooth device: Whenever I click the menu button on a bluetooth device in settings, the app becomes unresponsive. I'm on Windows 11 Dev Build. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpair-bluetooth-device/cdfaf869-427a-4823-ada0-49dde2af445a
  5. Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair: My airpods are already paired to bluetooth but they won't connect. I tried to removing them but it didn't work. I tried turning bluetooth on and off and it didn't work. I ran the bluetooth trouble shooter and it said it was working fine. I also tried updating my bluetooth...
  6. Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair

Paired airpods wont connect to bluetooth or unpair: My airpods are already paired to bluetooth but they won't connect. I tried to removing them but it didn't work. I tried turning bluetooth on and off and it didn't work. I ran the bluetooth trouble shooter and it said it was working fine. I also tried updating my bluetooth...
  7. Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all: My switch pro controller has been working completely fine with my pc for months until it started not pairing today, I checked the bluetooth settings and it is already apparently paired according to windows which is not true as it is off and not connecting. attempting to...
  8. Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all

Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all: My switch pro controller has been working completely fine with my pc for months until it started not pairing today, I checked the bluetooth settings and it is already apparently paired according to windows which is not true as it is off and not connecting. attempting to...
  9. Cannot unpair controller that is not actually paired at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Start button not working after update applied this morning

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button not working after update applied this morning: Windows done an update this morning and now the start button doesn't work. Seems to be a common issue with a whole range of fixes out there and stuff that doesn't work, and stuff that makes it worse. Currently I'm trying to remove the updates to see if that fixes it....