Windows 10: You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

Discus and support You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All,Since I spent a great deal of time finding a solution, I am sharing what solved my issues. I could see my network shares but unable to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aamir29, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Aamir29 Win User

You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

Hi All,Since I spent a great deal of time finding a solution, I am sharing what solved my issues. I could see my network shares but unable to connect them in Windows 10. Tried many things including network sharing and the useless network troubleshooter. What helped was changing group policy to allow guest connection:Here is the link to the solution that worked for me:Guest access in SMB2 and SMB3 disabled by default in WindowsHope this works for you.

:)

Aamir29, Mar 2, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 2, 2022
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Mar 2, 2022
  4. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Mar 2, 2022
Thema:

You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

1. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them - Similar Threads - network computers cannot

2. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them: Hi All,Since I spent a great deal of time finding a solution, I am sharing what solved my issues. I could see my network shares but unable to connect them in Windows 10. Tried many things including network sharing and the useless network troubleshooter. What helped was...
  3. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them: Hi All,Since I spent a great deal of time finding a solution, I am sharing what solved my issues. I could see my network shares but unable to connect them in Windows 10. Tried many things including network sharing and the useless network troubleshooter. What helped was...
  4. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  5. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network: Hello, my laptop cannot find other computers in the network, even though the other computers can find my laptop. A few weeks ago it was working correctly, but I had to be away for a few weeks. Now that I have returned, it seems as though the feature is not working correctly....
  6. Laptop Cannot See Other Computers in Network

7. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  8. Cannot see any other network computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see any other network computers: As of the last few days, I can no longer see any computers on my network other than the one I'm working on. All computer belong to workgroup WORKGROUP, all are running Windows 10 at whatever latest version Microsoft has decided to install, and things were working a week ago....
  9. Cannot see other computers on private network

Cannot see other computers on private network: I am trying to set up my home network so I can access my other computers' files from one computer. I currently have 2 computers. Computer A Main and Computer B Secondary both on Private network. Computer B is able to see all of the shared folders Computer A has set AND...
  10. Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others)

Connecting Computers on a Network (one computer cannot see the others): Hello, We have 5 computers in a Network that we use to create CAD files for our laser cutter. Previously we had the laser cutting computer (which I'll call 'F) linked in so we could wing files back and forth to the laser, but we had to get it repaired. When we connected it...