Windows 10: yellow lock on my documents

Discus and support yellow lock on my documents in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is this happening. Just reinstall win11 and now my docs are with a lock? It says I should have a certificate from the old computer? How, if I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mario AVS, May 28, 2024.

1. Mario AVS Win User

yellow lock on my documents

Why is this happening. Just reinstall win11 and now my docs are with a lock? It says I should have a certificate from the old computer? How, if I just reinstall win 11???

:)

Mario AVS, May 28, 2024

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 28, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 28, 2024
  4. yellow lock on my documents

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 28, 2024
Thema:

yellow lock on my documents

1. yellow lock on my documents - Similar Threads - yellow lock documents

2. yellow lock on my documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yellow lock on my documents: Why is this happening. Just reinstall win11 and now my docs are with a lock? It says I should have a certificate from the old computer? How, if I just reinstall win 11???...
  3. documents locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  4. documents locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  5. Lock symbol on documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lock symbol on documents: Lock symbol shows up on all pdf and work documents. How do I turn off this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-symbol-on-documents/5363cfa4-1828-429d-bb9b-10e9037269e3
  6. Lock symbol on documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock symbol on documents: Lock symbol shows up on all pdf and work documents. How do I turn off this feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-symbol-on-documents/5363cfa4-1828-429d-bb9b-10e9037269e3
  7. Lock symbol on documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locked documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked documents: Windows 10, version 20H2, build 19042.985 Hello, whenever I create or rename a document or a file, it gets locked. It doesnt affect anything but its kinda annoying because it has never happened before. Can I somehow disable it? 180242
  9. locked documents

locked documents: I am the administrator and sole user of my laptop yet sometimes I am unable to open a document because ' it is locked for editing by another user' or ' it is locked for editing by Elaine'. What can I do?...
  10. Document files locked.

Document files locked.: I have a CD-R disc with some document files created by me using Word Perfect OfficeX6, and downloaded into my Dell 3670 computer with Win.10. tried to file them under Document. During the process I was asked how to file by giving me a few choices, Windows Media Player,...