Windows 10: Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

Discus and support Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Really struggling this Christmas morning to get my gift to work. My Wireless Adaptor shows no signs of life no light on the USB. I am plugging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sam H Wolfe, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

Hello,

Really struggling this Christmas morning to get my gift to work. My Wireless Adaptor shows no signs of life no light on the USB. I am plugging it in to my PC through the extension? USB strip that came along with the controller. One thing to note is that this worked just fine on my Brother's PC almost exactly same specs after some testing.

Biggest Problem:

The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. Code 48

Things I have tried to resolve my issue:

Before going manual, I tried uninstalling the drivers & restarting the pc, doing so on multiple different USB slots, but to no avail.

-Downloading and installing manual drivers, by visiting the microsoft update catalog, downloading 3 versions one after another when they didn't work, which were: 7/18/2018, Version: 1.0.45.5, One of the 2017 ones, and then the 2015 version 21.50.45.656, The way I installed these was I first tried doing it via Device Manager > XBOX ACC in other > Update Driver > Browse my computer for drivers. When I got the error code & restarted the PC, the driver now showed up in "network adapters" where it should be titled "Xbox Wireless Adapter For Windows 10 #2" and still giving the error code 48.

-After this failure, I tried installing manually a different way, by unplugging my adapter, going to the folders of each of the devices drivers one after another when it didn't work, and right clicking the .inf file and hitting install. I would then plug the USB back in and restart the PC, but still got the error code 48. I tried this on multiple USB Ports.

I am truly at a loss and don't know what to do. Help would be very appreciated. I feel like this issue can be resolved since the adapter works properly on my brother's PC.

Thanks!

:)

Sam H Wolfe, Dec 25, 2020

2. Xbox wireless USB adaptor ACC

I purchased a xbox wireless controller + USB adaptor for windows 10 last year. I just went to use it and it doesn't auto install when it suppose to. That is embarrassing when it's a Microsoft product and does not work on windows. It shows up as xbox acc in device manager. I did some research and a lot of people are having this issue. Apparently, this has been an ongoing issue for a few years now.

So, why is this happening and more importantly, why hasn't Microsoft fixed this yet?

There appears to be several ways to fix this issue that I am aware of. For example, one way is to install the optional driver update in Windows update (xbox-net 1.0.46.1) and the other is to download an update from the Windows update catalogue. Which method is best? I'm afraid to install any optional driver updates in Windows update after last time. If fact, it's something that I want to stay away from.

Exactly what update is it, in the Windows update catalogue? Why isn't there a driver available to download from Microsoft.

As I mentioned, I purchased mine last year, the model # on the box is 1708, 1790. Is my USB adaptor defective? I noticed the current xbox wireless controller + USB adaptor for Windows 10, on the Microsoft website is slightly different than mine. For example, the controller has the share button in the middle but the USB adaptor appears the same.

If I were to purchase a new one, (the current version) will it auto install without the acc issue? Does anyone have this issue with the current version?

- - - Updated - - -

Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

leosantare, Dec 25, 2020
  3. djlordy87 Win User
    XBOX wireless adaptor not working anymore

i have 2 xbox wireless adaptors that were both working for my 2 wireless controllers but hasnt been working the last 2 weeks. it doesnt come up on device manager and the adaptors dont even light up anymore even when i press button on the device

djlordy87, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

1. Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues - Similar Threads - Xbox Wireless Adaptor

2. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue: Hello, my computer updated Windows 10, and ever since my wifi doesn't work, under the device manager screen, the Killer wireless network adaptor shows an exclamation mark. When I attempt to update the drivers, it tells me, I already have the latest drivers, and the option to...
  3. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue: Hello, my computer updated Windows 10, and ever since my wifi doesn't work, under the device manager screen, the Killer wireless network adaptor shows an exclamation mark. When I attempt to update the drivers, it tells me, I already have the latest drivers, and the option to...
  4. Killer Wireless 1535 wireless network adaptor issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Xbox Controller Wireless Adaptor Driver not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Wireless Adaptor Driver not found: I would like to preface this by saying that I am familiar with technology I'm an engineer and I have tried everything in my arsenal to solve the problem but have failed. I own a Microsoft Wireless Adaptor for my Xbox one controller. I am able to use it on my laptop but not...
  6. Xbox controller with wireless adaptor - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller with wireless adaptor - Windows 10: I've just bought the Xbox controller/ wireless adaptor combo, works wired however when connecting the wireless adapter it states "XBOX ACC" with the driver being unavailable; anyone found a workaround? TIA. submitted by /u/ThrilIhaus [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox wireless USB adaptor ACC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless USB adaptor ACC: I purchased a xbox wireless controller + USB adaptor for windows 10 last year. I just went to use it and it doesn't auto install when it suppose to. That is embarrassing when it's a Microsoft product and does not work on windows. It shows up as xbox acc in device manager. I...
  8. XBOX wireless adaptor not working anymore

XBOX wireless adaptor not working anymore: i have 2 xbox wireless adaptors that were both working for my 2 wireless controllers but hasnt been working the last 2 weeks. it doesnt come up on device manager and the adaptors dont even light up anymore even when i press button on the device...
  9. Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows

Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows: I have connected in the above adaptor since reinstalling the latest version of windows and the PC is failing to recognise the device as being plugged in. It isn't appearing in device manager and no new device notification plays when it is connected. I have tried it in...
  10. Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor

Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor: Recently my two Xbox Wireless Adaptor(s) have been demonstarting the following behaviour: Xbox Wireless Adaptor is presented to be functioning properly in both the system settings and device manager. Trying to reconnect or pair controllers will lead to the devices flashing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 1790 21.50.45.656