Windows 10: xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or...

Discus and support xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; whenever I create/join an xbox party on gamebar or the xbox pc app it says something went wrong with party chat please try again later and I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Matthew Marlow, Sep 29, 2024 at 4:23 PM.

1. xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or...

whenever I create/join an xbox party on gamebar or the xbox pc app it says something went wrong with party chat please try again later and I have tried many fixes made sure everything was up to date and such but nothing seems to be working. As far as I know I have done nothing to cause this it just started happening randomly and I thought servers were down but its been like this for a few weeks now and Idk what to do. The only thing I haven't yet tried is factory resetting my pc as some people have recommended as I do not want to do all that again because the app doesn't want to work.

:)

Matthew Marlow, Sep 29, 2024 at 4:23 PM
  2. Tomm_A Win User

i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

Hello ARTUR Kowalczyk1,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you can't join party on Xbox app. It is possible that the cause is related to your online safety and privacy settings in which your account is not enabled to join online multiplayer and party chat. Let us check it though by performing some steps.

If we may ask, are you able to join party while using the console? Is your account being managed by parent or organizer under Microsoft family group?

For the meantime, here are the steps on how we can check your online safety and privacy settings to enable your account to join party chat.

• In the navigation tabs, click Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety
    • Select Allow for You can create and join clubs, and You can join multiplayer games.
    • Then click Submit
    To enable chat for people not on the friends list:

In the table header:

1. Click Privacy
    2. Select Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites.
    3. Select Friends or Everyone then click submit.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Xbox game bar party widget crashes whenever someone joins or I join a party. Any fix?

As soon as I join the party in xbox game bar on pc I mouse wheel spins and instanly get kicked from the party. Every other componet works except the party widget. Also crashes whenever I start a party and then invite someone and as soon as they join the xbox party widget crashes. Tried everything from reinstalling to reseting. Also found out that Windows firewall blocked the connection to gamebar so I turned off the windows firewall and it worked once but couldnt hear anyone. Now just cant connect to party no matter what. Also Xbox game bar works perfectly fine on my laptop and phone just not my pc

4. xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or...

0x80010108 Error When Joining Parties on Xbox App (Windows 10)

Hi,

The error code 0x80010108 may occur due to several reasons. It can possibly be due to an incorrect network configuration or an outdated Xbox App. To properly isolate your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Did the issue start after an update?
    • Do you have an active Xbox Live Gold subscription?
    • Is your computer connected via a wired or a wireless network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check the NAT type on the Xbox App by following the steps below:

• Click the Start icon and open the Xbox app.
    • Select Settings > Network.
    • Under Network status, check the NAT type.

Make sure that the Xbox Live Service Status is up and running before joining the Xbox Live parties again. To check, you may visit this

link

Thema:

xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or...

1. xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or... - Similar Threads - xbox gamebar recently

2. xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox gamebar recently started saying something went wrong with party every time I join or...: whenever I create/join an xbox party on gamebar or the xbox pc app it says something went wrong with party chat please try again later and I have tried many fixes made sure everything was up to date and such but nothing seems to be working. As far as I know I have done...
  3. Every time I try to open the Microsoft store, it says "something went wrong. We are aware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to open the Microsoft store, it says "something went wrong. We are aware...: i have restarted the app & reset the app & still can not open the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-open-the-microsoft-store-it/9c7517ca-d2e7-45ed-804f-243a59d22f86
  4. Every time I try to open the Microsoft store, it says "something went wrong. We are aware...

Every time I try to open the Microsoft store, it says "something went wrong. We are aware...: i have restarted the app & reset the app & still can not open the app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-try-to-open-the-microsoft-store-it/9c7517ca-d2e7-45ed-804f-243a59d22f86
  5. Xbox Gamebar: Something went wrong with this widget.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar: Something went wrong with this widget.: Nothing works, I open up the friends list and it immediately shuts down. I've restarted the computer, went to the settings and tried terminate, repair, reset. It just does the same thing. I can't see messages, I can't see friends, I can't join parties, the widget just doesn't...
  6. Xbox Gamebar: Something went wrong with this widget.

Xbox Gamebar: Something went wrong with this widget.: Nothing works, I open up the friends list and it immediately shuts down. I've restarted the computer, went to the settings and tried terminate, repair, reset. It just does the same thing. I can't see messages, I can't see friends, I can't join parties, the widget just doesn't...
  7. keeps saying something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  8. keeps saying something went wrong?

keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  9. "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later." Every time I attempt to join a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Something went wrong with your party. Try again later." Every time I attempt to join a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UserOfRedditName [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/miu1a1/something_went_wrong_with_your_party_try_again/
  10. Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device.: I have a headphones and a tv set up as a second monitor. The game and all other programs automatically use the headphones unless I change it to the tv for speakers. Xbox Party chat however is the only one that refuses to play nice. I've set the headphones to default, changed...