Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ParentPro, Feb 25, 2023.

1. ParentPro Win User

Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the default windows video folder and I'd like to return it back to the default setting, where it's a "captures" folder inside of the videos folder, but no matter what I try, it doesn't work.I've tried creating a "Captures" folder inside the videos folder, then deleting the regex keys for the GameDVR settings, but that didn't work either.Any help?

:)

ParentPro, Feb 25, 2023
  2. JhakeSong Win User

Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

Hi Burrito,

Good day! I’m and I'll try to help you today.

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience. I suggest doing a Reset of the Game Bar app to hopefully set the Captures folder location to its default which is under C:\Users\username\Videos\Captures

Here's how to reset the app:

1) Press windows key + i

2) Go to Apps

3) Search for Game Bar

4) Click Advanced Options

5) Select Reset

6) Then access Game Bar again and check where the folder is located.

Let me know how it goes. Have a great day!

JhakeSong, Feb 25, 2023
  3. Xbox Game Bar Captures folder missing

Xbox Game Bar is supposed to save recordings and screenshots to the Captures folder in Videos. There is no such folder present in Videos. When I check through Settings, the folder it is saving recordings to is C:\Users\pc\AppData\Local\Temp.

How do I change the location to which they are saved? There is no Captures folder that I can change the location of, so please advise.

Thanks

NachiketDandegaonkar, Feb 25, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

If you don't have one- create one.

I suggest you create a captures folder in Videos, and use the dialogue to point to it.

This solution is given in the tutorial in the first link of my first post : here it is quoted for you:

Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder 296369d1599485851t-unable-move-captures-folder-xbox-bar-captures-1.png

Please re-read that tutorial.

dalchina, Feb 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder: I moved the Captures folder to a different hard drive and now my captures get sent to my C Drive Temp Folder. When I open the game bar to see my captures there's nothing to see there. When I click the folder icon on Gallery it doesn't open anything. When I go to the settings...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Captures Saves to Temp Folder: I moved the Captures folder to a different hard drive and now my captures get sent to my C Drive Temp Folder. When I open the game bar to see my captures there's nothing to see there. When I click the folder icon on Gallery it doesn't open anything. When I go to the settings...
  4. Xbox captures default folder

Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  5. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder: Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the default windows video folder and I'd like to return it back to the default setting, where it's a "captures" folder inside of the...
  7. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder: Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the default windows video folder and I'd like to return it back to the default setting, where it's a "captures" folder inside of the...
  8. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  9. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder: So I played PUBG and record it using Xbox Game Bar for almost 2 hours then when I'm finished I pressed Win+Alt+R to stop recording and the I close the game. When I open Captures folder, there is no new recording in there, only the old one. Windows 10 Home Insider Preview...