Windows 10: Xbox captures default folder

Discus and support Xbox captures default folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by R.aneem00, May 5, 2023.

1. R.aneem00 Win User

Xbox captures default folder

I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?

:)

R.aneem00, May 5, 2023

2. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

Thanks for the reply!

I am unable to follow those steps. As I mentioned, there is no "Captures" folder. It points directly to the temp folder, and there is no Captures folder for me to edit. When I go into the properties on the temp folder, I have no "location" tab, so nothing can be changed.
    Xbox captures default folder 296367d1599484800t-unable-move-captures-folder-xbox-bar-captures-cap2.png

JakeReindl, May 5, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

If you don't have one- create one.

I suggest you create a captures folder in Videos, and use the dialogue to point to it.

This solution is given in the tutorial in the first link of my first post : here it is quoted for you:

Xbox captures default folder 296369d1599485851t-unable-move-captures-folder-xbox-bar-captures-1.png

Please re-read that tutorial.

dalchina, May 5, 2023
  4. Xbox captures default folder

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 (Change capture Folder location)

Hi Hussein,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. As you have selected root of a drive (D Xbox captures default folder :) while changing the captures folder location and not created and selected a folder for the same. Hence, you are facing the issue. However, could you please let us know the exact
    error message you are getting while changing to default location.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you can restore default settings.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR (on the left pane).
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select
      Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on Apply > OK >
      Yes
    7. If you still facing the issue, please try by opening
      Xbox app.
    8. Click on Settings > Game DVR.
    9. Click on Open folder under
      Saving captures
      and perform step 4, 5,

If you are able to restore default settings successfully, please follow the steps mentioned below to change Captures folder location.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR.
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Move.
    6. Browse to the new location that you prefer.
    7. Click on New folder and create a folder.
    8. Highlight same folder using left click and click on
      Select Folder.
    9. Then click on Apply > OK >
      Yes.

You may also want to refer
    Adjust capture settings on Windows 10
    for more details.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, May 5, 2023
Thema:

Xbox captures default folder

1. Xbox captures default folder - Similar Threads - Xbox captures default

2. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder: Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the default windows video folder and I'd like to return it back to the default setting, where it's a "captures" folder inside of the...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder: Hello,I'd like to have some help on an issue that I couldn't resolve myself. The default capture location for the Xbox game bar somehow became the default windows video folder and I'd like to return it back to the default setting, where it's a "captures" folder inside of the...
  5. Xbox Game Bar Capture folder is the default "videos" folder

6. Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar capture folder as temp folder: Hi. I recently lost a USB drive that my Captures folder was residing. This has prompted Windows to change my Capture folder to AppData\Local\Temp. I've attempted to create a new Captures folder in my Videos folder, but it has not changed. Is there a way to forcefully change...
  7. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  8. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  9. Change location of xbox capture folder

10. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures: I have followed several tutorials to "move" the captures folder. But the problem is, I don't have one. This is where it has been pointing: [img] I am kind of at a loss, since all the help I have currently seen has shown how to move the existing captures folder. Thanks!...