Windows 10: xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.

Discus and support xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello.I'm trying to play a game, but every time I tried to start it up, it kept saying the xAudio2 failed to initialize.So I tried to reinstall/update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andi Sellimin, Feb 21, 2022.

1. xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.

Hello.I'm trying to play a game, but every time I tried to start it up, it kept saying the xAudio2 failed to initialize.So I tried to reinstall/update directX, but I kept getting this error:'An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to determine the problem.'Here's the contents for the DXError.log file:-------------------- [02/22/22 05:06:39] module: dxupdateMar 30 2011, file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 6124, function: CFusion::CFusion Failed API: LoadLibraryShim Error: 0x80131700 -------------------- [02/22/22 05:06:39] mo

:)

Andi Sellimin, Feb 21, 2022

2. xaudio2 issues Windows 10

I have recently been running into some issues with some of my games for a while where some games using xaudio2 crash, have no sound or return an error when I start them. I have tried a number of things that have worked for other people but I have had no
    luck myself.

I have made a list of games I have the issue with with any error messages I found:

Survivng Mars - XAudio2Create failed: 80040154

Are you running XAUDIO2_DEBUG_ENGINE without the DirectX SDK installed? The end-user REDIST only carries non-debug xaudio

Warframe - Could not initialize XAudio"! You must install the latest DirectX 9 runtime!

Stardew Valley - Following 2 erorrs found in event viewer

(Error 1)

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(System.String, System.TimeSpan, System.String)

at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean)

at StardewValley.Program.Main(System.String[])

(Error 2)

Faulting application name: Stardew Valley.exe, version: 1.3.7000.39133, time stamp: 0x5c7af93c

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.145, time stamp: 0xf5733ace

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x001133d2

Faulting process ID: 0x2a68

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5253a1df08976

Faulting application path: D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Stardew Valley.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: e6b70cab-a33e-4f82-aa43-c8220efbfdf5

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Terraria - no obvious error

I have also made a list of things I have tried but haven't fixed the issue for me:

Compatability mode - no effect

Administrator mode - no effect

SFC and DSIM - no errors/effect

Safe mode - no effect

Running directx_Jun2010_redist - completes but doesn't seem to fix anything

Running dxwebsetup - says I have the latest version installed

Removing all xaudio2 files and transferring the files from known working PC - no effect

Reinstalling .net framework - no effect

Editing the DirectX regisrty back a version to try and trick a re-install - no reinstall occurs, still thinks its on the latest version.

The only idea I have left is to re-install windows and I would prefer that to be my last resort so if anyone has any ideas of what I can try please let me know.

Thanks in advance

ThomasShorney, Feb 21, 2022
  3. DirectX Initialization Failure

Thank you so much for your reply.

Hi, i've tried the following.

Method 1: I'm running Window's 10. I cannot seem to find a "display" tab. I've found "display settings." From there I don't see any option for "Advanced settings" or "troubleshoot" tab. Any guidance on how to find it on Window's 10 would be appreciated.

Method 2: All controllers are working. The game, Civilization will not even fire up before I get the "DirectX initialization Error.

Method 3: The diagnostic tool Dxdiag does not list a error and the window's system is reporting Direct X: version 12 is working.

Thank you for reply before. I'll try anything that can be suggested.

JaredGleaton, Feb 21, 2022
  4. xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.

Xaudio2

Hello,

XAudio2 is a cross-platform API that has shipped for use on Xbox 360 as well as versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8. On Xbox 360, XAudio2 ships as a static library that is compiled into the main game executable.
    On Windows, XAudio2 is provided as a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) installed into the system folders of the Operating System.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deskto...

Patricia.Guenot, Feb 21, 2022
Thema:

xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.

1. xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error. - Similar Threads - xAudio2 failed initialize

2. XAudio2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XAudio2: Hi,I was wondering how I can produce a Device Lost message for XAudio2. I tried using the dxcaps -forcetdr command in the Developer Command Prompt window for Visual Studio, but it did not work. I am using C++ and programming for Windows 10.Derek...
  3. XAudio2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XAudio2: Hi,I was wondering how I can produce a Device Lost message for XAudio2. I tried using the dxcaps -forcetdr command in the Developer Command Prompt window for Visual Studio, but it did not work. I am using C++ and programming for Windows 10.Derek...
  4. When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio": Hi! A couple week's ago i had a problem with my power source in my pc, so i had to change it for a new one wich i was able to a couple days ago but since the first moment i started the pc i had no audio at all, no matter what i do i can't find the problem i updated every...
  5. When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio"

When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio": Hi! A couple week's ago i had a problem with my power source in my pc, so i had to change it for a new one wich i was able to a couple days ago but since the first moment i started the pc i had no audio at all, no matter what i do i can't find the problem i updated every...
  6. When trying to open a game i get "Failed to initialize DirectX Audio"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.: Hello.I'm trying to play a game, but every time I tried to start it up, it kept saying the xAudio2 failed to initialize.So I tried to reinstall/update directX, but I kept getting this error:'An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in...
  8. xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.

xAudio2 failed to initialize. Tried to reinstall/update directX, faced error.: Hello.I'm trying to play a game, but every time I tried to start it up, it kept saying the xAudio2 failed to initialize.So I tried to reinstall/update directX, but I kept getting this error:'An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirectX.log in...
  9. DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users after installing the Virtual DJ or any such software on their […] This article DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Xaudio2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xaudio2: I have a registered copy of Xaudio dating from XP days. I have been trying to implement it in Windows 10 but it won't run. So googling the problem I see that Xaudio2 is distributed with Windows 10 but I can't find it. The links that seem to be pertinent seem to contain...