Windows 10: WTH? My computer downgraded itself overnight and is now asking me to update to 2021-02!

Discus and support WTH? My computer downgraded itself overnight and is now asking me to update to 2021-02! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, I did a refresh on my computer last week which messed up a lot of stuff. Had a hard time updating to v. 2021-01, but finally got it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FloralObsession, Feb 15, 2021.

1. WTH? My computer downgraded itself overnight and is now asking me to update to 2021-02!

Long story short, I did a refresh on my computer last week which messed up a lot of stuff. Had a hard time updating to v. 2021-01, but finally got it done. Yesterday, things started being strange, like my color settings and sound not being loud enough, etc.

Evidently, it has reset itself back to 1909. Woke up this morning and my keyboard isn't working properly. Did some research and all my updates were for 1909. WTF? So I did winver and I'm back to 1909.

I checked updates and they are all for 1909, and one is to update to 2021-02. Should I even bother?

I'm so aggravated.

submitted by /u/FloralObsession
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FloralObsession, Feb 15, 2021

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates - TCP/IP:  CVE-2021-24074, CVE-2021-24094, and CVE-2021-24086

Source:

Brink, Feb 15, 2021
  4. WTH? My computer downgraded itself overnight and is now asking me to update to 2021-02!

Microsoft January 2021 Security Updates

January 2021 Security Updates

The January 2021 security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • Microsoft Windows Codecs Library
    • Visual Studio
    • SQL Server
    • Microsoft Malware Protection Engine
    • .NET Core
    • .NET Repository
    • ASP .NET
    • Azure
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• CVE-2020-0689 has been re-released. For further information see Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021.
    • For information regarding enabling Windows 10, version 1909 features, please see Windows 10, version 1909 delivery options. Note that Windows 10, versions 1903 and 1909 share a common core operating system with an identical set of system files. They will also share the same security update KBs.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for more information.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

The following KBs contain information about known issues with the security updates. For a complete list of security update KBs, please see 20210112. For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).

KB Article Applies To
    4598229 Windows 10, Version 1903, Windows Server, Version 1903, Windows 10, Version 1909, Windows Server, Version 1909
    4598230 Windows 10, Version 1809, Windows Server 2019
    4598242 Windows 10, Version 2004, Windows Server, Version 2004, Windows 10, Version 20H2, Windows Server, Version 20H2
    4598275 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)
    4598278 Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)
    4598279 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4598285 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)
    4598287 Windows Server 2008 (Security-only update)
    4598288 Windows Server 2008 (Monthly Rollup)
    4598289 Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)
    4598297 Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)

January 2021 Security Updates - Release Notes - Security Update Guide - Microsoft

NICK ADSL UK, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

WTH? My computer downgraded itself overnight and is now asking me to update to 2021-02!

1. WTH? My computer downgraded itself overnight and is now asking me to update to 2021-02! - Similar Threads - WTH computer downgraded

2. Wth is this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wth is this?: RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedThe operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.File: \windows\system32\config\systemError code: 0xc000014cYou'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation...
  3. 2021-02 W10 KB4601382 20H2 update - computer stuck as temp user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2021-02 W10 KB4601382 20H2 update - computer stuck as temp user: Hello, This morning my computer ran this Feb. 24 update KB4601382, it also ran KB4577586 Flash removal, then it restarted rebooted and when it came up again the desktop looked like on a computer at a store and all users for TEAMS and some programs had disappeared, it...
  4. 2021-02 Cumulative Update repeatedly fails to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2021-02 Cumulative Update repeatedly fails to install: For several days, I've clicked Settings>Updates & Security>Windows Update and this is what I get: 2021-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64 Systems KB 5001028 Error 0x80073712. Some files are missing of have problems I ran: DISM.exe /Online...
  5. My PC downgraded itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC downgraded itself: I had a 64-bit installation, but today win10 decided to downgrade to 32-bit. Is there a fix without reinstalling it? submitted by /u/anntallex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l8llix/my_pc_downgraded_itself/
  6. My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer broke itself overnight??? (Network Adapters): I can't connect to the internet on my computer anymore (using my phone). I tried everything I could find online like messing around with a few commands in command prompt, deleting network devices from Device Managers and scanning hardware changes. The only adapter present are...
  7. Windows 10 UPDATE now Computer Won't Restart afer overnight

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 UPDATE now Computer Won't Restart afer overnight: So on 8/14 system installed new update for Windows 10. The monitor shuts down after 10 minutes and mouse movement will wake it up. But overnight computer sleeps? or something. When I move mouse it doesn't wake up. I hear it running but I have to shut it off and reboot...
  8. My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop updated overnight and now all of my files are empty: When I opened my laptop this morning, I had a message from Microsoft saying that I needed to sync all of my drives (not sure of the exact words). I have never gotten anything like this before and in the process of trying to figure out what I needed to do, I checked some of...
  9. popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer

in Windows 10 Support
    popup asking me to call windows? now asking me to restore computer: r? tech/IT help please? so my mom went to a legit website unless she mistyped it, then a popup came up, saying system had a virus and to call windows with a phone #. we did & he said we hv ransomware *i don't think we have it though, didn't fit with what i googled* & he...
  10. Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to know if the computer restarted by itself overnight?: My computer would occasionally make a short buzz sound (1/2 second), then get a blue screen and restarts. I took everything apart and found my video card, Nvida GeForce GTX 660, to be full of dust. I took it apart and cleaned it. Now, I want to know if it is fixed, and I'll...