Windows 10: WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL

Discus and support WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Installed Ubuntu 20.04 distro on WSL 2Created wsl.conf as following:===============================================================[automount]enabled =... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YefimK, Jul 12, 2021.

1. YefimK Win User

WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL

Installed Ubuntu 20.04 distro on WSL 2Created wsl.conf as following:===============================================================[automount]enabled = trueoptions = "metadata,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=22,fmask=11,case=off"mountFsTab = truecrossDistro = true[network]generateHosts = falsegenerateResolvConf = true[interop]enabled = trueappendWindowsPath = true=============================================================Setup systemD according to https://github.com/damionGans/ubuntu-wsl2-systemd-scriptInstall core, lxd and some other snaps like microk8

:)

YefimK, Jul 12, 2021

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Jul 12, 2021
  3. Flaviu2 Win User
    WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL [​IMG]

and

WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL [​IMG]

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

Flaviu2, Jul 12, 2021
  4. WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL

Alternatives to using Windows Store to install Linux distro on WSL

I just wanted to ask what alternatives there are to using the Windows 10 to install Linux distros on WSL.

Also, it seems like Ubuntu 19 isn't available for the WSL. Is there a chance that we'll be able to install it when WSL2 is released? And I'd like to get the latest non-LTS version if possible (though it's alright if it's not possible too).

OsmanZakir, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL

1. WSL2, Ubuntu 20.04: all mapplications installed via snap are always “broken” after restart WSL - Similar Threads - WSL2 Ubuntu mapplications

2. Install Ubuntu on WSL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Ubuntu on WSL: Hi, I am trying to install Unbuntu via WSL. I have installed Windows Subsytem for Linux. When I run "wsl --list --online" this i what I get: "The following is a list of valid distributions that can be installed. Install using 'wsl --install -d <Distro>'. NAME FRIENDLY NAME...
  3. Install Ubuntu on WSL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Ubuntu on WSL: Hi, I am trying to install Unbuntu via WSL. I have installed Windows Subsytem for Linux. When I run "wsl --list --online" this i what I get: "The following is a list of valid distributions that can be installed. Install using 'wsl --install -d <Distro>'. NAME FRIENDLY NAME...
  4. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  5. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  6. WSL2 & Ubuntu

WSL2 & Ubuntu: When trying to run ubuntu on windows subsystem it will not allow me to toggle on the subsystem feature. My virtualization is on. Do I need to change the boot mode from UEFI? Acer nitro windows 11. I've tried with a virtual box download to and it will not load ubuntu. Help!...
  7. broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS: I am using wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS on window 11.The text of the titlebar of all the terminals is broken. They are displayed in greek letters. For example, see the attached image, titlebar of the gnuplot window from the command: gnuplot>plot x It seems that some font setting is...
  8. broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS

broken titlebar's text on wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS: I am using wsl2 ubuntu-22.04LTS on window 11.The text of the titlebar of all the terminals is broken. They are displayed in greek letters. For example, see the attached image, titlebar of the gnuplot window from the command: gnuplot>plot x It seems that some font setting is...
  9. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850
  10. Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing a Package in WSL - Ubuntu 20: I am running WSL version 1. I am trying to install mingw-w64, but it says it is unable to locate the package. How can I install this? I am running 1909. 183850