Windows 10: Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12?

Discus and support Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm playing a game and this gives an error which I believe is caused by directx12.It's a half-year-old ASUS laptop that ran the game well before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Theo DeiYo, Oct 18, 2024 at 1:17 AM.

1. Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12?

I'm playing a game and this gives an error which I believe is caused by directx12.It's a half-year-old ASUS laptop that ran the game well before without issues.

:)

2. sygnus21 Win User

F1 2017 dx11 vs dx12

@Burgurne,

If the game is only DX11, then even if you have a DX12 GPU (video card), and a DX12 OS (Windows 10), the game will only run is DX11 as that the mode the game was designed to run in. In order to run in DX12 mode you need 3 things....

• Game must be a DX12 title
    • GPU must be DX12 capable
    • OS must support DX12
    If any of those things at missing, the game will run in the lowest DX mode available to the lowest item. In your case it appears the game is only DX11 capable, so your DX mode will be 11. Also be aware that the DX API is backwards compatible, which means DX12 can play older DX games - 8 - 11 for example. That even though the OS is DX12 capable, doesn't mean a DX9 title is automatically elevated to DX12.

Here's a list of DX12 supported games - List of games with DirectX 12 support - Wikipedia.

Hope that answers your question.

BTW What is the game title in question?

3. Cerawy Win User
    My calibration doesnt load on startup

Well the steps i did previously didnt solve the problem, so im going to try your suggestion instead.

4. Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12?

DirectX11

Hello everyone,

I have a question for you if you can help. I have a PC with NVIDIA GT 710 graphical compatibilities and INTEL (R) processor Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM and 64bit operational system. I have Windows 10 installed and DirectX12 also.

My question is if it is possible to set up DirectX11 while I am having DirectX12. I would like to play some games but doesn't work because I don't have DirectX11 installed on it.

Thank you for your answers in advance.

deadkiller91, Oct 18, 2024 at 1:20 AM
Thema:

Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12?

1. Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12? - Similar Threads - problem solved DirectX11

2. Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would this problem be solved if I get DirectX11 instead of DX12?: I'm playing a game and this gives an error which I believe is caused by directx12.It's a half-year-old ASUS laptop that ran the game well before without issues....
  3. I have the following problem and would like help solving this issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have the following problem and would like help solving this issue.: On Thu 26/09/****:13 your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\092624-10859-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0xA0xFFFFF80509E3D000, 0x2, 0x8, 0xFFFFF80509E3CFFFBugcheck name:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALDriver or module in which error...
  4. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?: please introduce this persistent nuisance MICROSOFT pros. potent solution encapsulated and emailed in MICROSOFT UPDATE is what i await.thanksregular MICROSOFT customer...
  5. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?: please introduce this persistent nuisance MICROSOFT pros. potent solution encapsulated and emailed in MICROSOFT UPDATE is what i await.thanksregular MICROSOFT customer...
  6. would MICROSOFT solve persistent problem?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Directx11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directx11: How can i make my pc directx 11 if it directx 12? And is it possible?The reason why is because most games don't run directx 12 so i am ganna need to download directx11 if any1 can help please tell me...
  8. I have solved a problem that someone had and I would like to answer even if the thread is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have solved a problem that someone had and I would like to answer even if the thread is...: I had a problem, I googled to solve it but I did not find the answer and now that I have solved it by my own means I want to give the answer to the rest of the people who have the same problem....
  9. Dx12

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dx12: HI... I am having A Pentium G4560 and Gpu Gt 1030 Running with Windows 10 . Now when I disable My Internal Gpu and use My Gt 1030 I can play games with no lag, Issue starts when I wanna stream or record My game The Gt 1030 doesn't have any encoder And hence I have to enable...
  10. Can I use a Directx11 on windows10

Can I use a Directx11 on windows10: I am using Windows10 redstone 5 I installed DirectX11. And I changed the settings for compilation. However, if i try to compile it, errors that you do not know are constantly coming up. I do not know why. Can not Direct 11 be used on Windows 10? I do not know...