Windows 10: Working with tables in MS Word.

Discus and support Working with tables in MS Word. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was going to create a doc file with tables and ultimately output a webpage. But getting the table to the dimensions I want is tricky or impossible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DrZoidberg, Jul 23, 2023.

1. Working with tables in MS Word.

I was going to create a doc file with tables and ultimately output a webpage. But getting the table to the dimensions I want is tricky or impossible.

By default it looks like the table's width is about 1/3 of the page. I managed to center the table in the page. But when I right click > autofit > autofit to content it compresses horizontally. When I autofit to window it takes entire width of page and requires redistribution of columns.

In table properties it has column and cell tabs. They...

Read more

DrZoidberg, Jul 23, 2023

2. MS WORD

I have proceeded with your suggestion of selecting the word document saved in a path and tried to select it for right clicking but miserably failed. It has not allowed me to select the word document first and windows explorer hanged circling for sometime
    and came out of explorer itself. This issue may be something different I feel. Other MS docs like excel, notepad etc are opening correctly when I double click as usual and this word document only giving problem.

Please suggest some other workable solution.

Thanks,

Balakrishnan.

BalakrishnanVenkatraman, Jul 23, 2023
  3. Word 365 splits the table

Hi Fire龍正, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

I suggest that you use the Line and Page Breaks tab of the Paragraph dialog box to get more control over the text flow. Apply "Keep with next" formatting for table rows.

Note: select all the tables. This feature "Keep lines together" doesn’t work for table rows.

Martin Jenkinss, Jul 23, 2023
  4. Ztruker Win User

Working with tables in MS Word.

autofit text in table

What exactly is not working for you? Looking at he links bro67 provided, one of the 3 suggested solutions should resolve your problem.

Ztruker, Jul 23, 2023
Thema:

Working with tables in MS Word.

1. Working with tables in MS Word. - Similar Threads - Working tables Word

2. Ms Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ms Word: When I open Ms Word then it automatically open in Chrome but I want to open it as an app so how can I do this....pls reply? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/49ff8dad-2dc2-4cf3-9cf0-3e8aa75b3e9d
  3. MS Word

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word: I lost my Word files when my hard drive crashed last week Where can I get download for my new hard drive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word/1cfbe2cf-d742-4f22-8e33-f1ed07672b58
  4. How to rotate a table on Word

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to rotate a table on Word: I read this article how to rotate a table in Word on Enhau because I was facing difficulty in rotating the table in Microsoft word but the article is too technical for me. So can anyone explain me in easy words?...
  5. MS WORD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS WORD: Whenever I save a Word document choosing the path in my desktop system it is successfully done. But when I access this Word file later on in the path it is saved 'windows explorer' hangs and the saved Word file is not opening. When I go to the task manager it shows windows...
  6. Word 365 splits the table

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word 365 splits the table: When I started using Word 365 version 16.0.11328.20 I encountered an issue. The tables get split on the page. For example, a few lines get to the next page. What should I change?...
  7. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  8. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  9. ms word has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ms word has stopped working: My ms office apps have stopped working and everytime i try to open a app it shows that the parameter is incorrect help me fix this I have a very urgent work to do plzz fix it...
  10. ms word not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms word not working: unable to edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-not-working/b439f02a-6add-4671-9af2-6f8d20909da7"