Windows 10: Work account association remains after factory reset

Discus and support Work account association remains after factory reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wife’s office is getting rid of a bunch of laptops and asked me to resell them. Part of the reselling process is obviously factory resetting them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by B1gJ4k3, Sep 9, 2024.

1. B1gJ4k3 Win User

Work account association remains after factory reset

My wife’s office is getting rid of a bunch of laptops and asked me to resell them. Part of the reselling process is obviously factory resetting them and removing all the old data, which I’ve done using “clean all” in DISKPART in the command prompt during the recovery process. The drive appears to be completely clean with no remaining partitions or data. However, when I continue the rest of the setup process, as soon as I enter network information and connect to WiFi, it goes through the “setup for work or school” process automatically, displays the company logo and won’t allow me to setup a ne

:)

B1gJ4k3, Sep 9, 2024

2. reset my phone i dont remember account,reset disable key

Hello,

If you enabled the reset protection before doing a factory reset, the phone will ask you to provide the Reset recovery key to be able to access it. You can only get the recovery key on the Microsoft account associated on your device. To get the recovery
    key, you can follow the steps provided below:

• In a browser, log in to your Microsoft Account associated with your phone then go to Devices.
    • Find the device on the page and then click Get recovery
      key.

Feel free to ask the community if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Sep 9, 2024
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 9, 2024
  4. Work account association remains after factory reset

Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Sep 9, 2024
Thema:

Work account association remains after factory reset

1. Work account association remains after factory reset - Similar Threads - account association remains

2. Work account association remains after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work account association remains after factory reset: My wife’s office is getting rid of a bunch of laptops and asked me to resell them. Part of the reselling process is obviously factory resetting them and removing all the old data, which I’ve done using “clean all” in DISKPART in the command prompt during the recovery process....
  3. Windows not working after factory resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not working after factory resetting: I factory reset my computer and it won't let me sign in to the profile. It says User Profile can not be loaded. If I run windows in Safe mode, it takes forever to sign in then white screens. I'm not sure what happened or what to do to fix/if it's fixable....
  4. Account Error after factory reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account Error after factory reset: My friend recently was given a PC, and factory reseted it so it could be his, however after reseting it, the old profiles are still there on the login. There isnt a way to login or do anything, it gives the error "the user profile service service failed, the sign-in user...
  5. Account Error after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Error after factory reset: My friend recently was given a PC, and factory reseted it so it could be his, however after reseting it, the old profiles are still there on the login. There isnt a way to login or do anything, it gives the error "the user profile service service failed, the sign-in user...
  6. Account Error after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't log in after factory reset from work account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in after factory reset from work account.: I have a laptop that I have been using for work, but will now use for personal use.I have had my work account deactivated so I can no longer log in, and have fully reset the laptop using the recovery key.However when I start the PC it still asks me for my work account login...
  8. Can't log in after factory reset from work account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in after factory reset from work account.: I have a laptop that I have been using for work, but will now use for personal use.I have had my work account deactivated so I can no longer log in, and have fully reset the laptop using the recovery key.However when I start the PC it still asks me for my work account login...
  9. Can't log in after factory reset from work account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Taskbar not working after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not working after factory reset: I was having issues with my computer. When I turn it on I have to wait 30 minutes for it to fully boot up, it runs very slow, and freezes a lot. I did a factory reset but I choose to keep my files. The reset took all night and it froze at 82% for an hour and at one point said...