Windows 10: Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work

Discus and support Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In a folder filled with regular .docx files, not a single one is showing "word count" value. I have no idea why this file property category doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DamienBlackrock, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work

In a folder filled with regular .docx files, not a single one is showing "word count" value.

I have no idea why this file property category doesn't work, but is there some other software to count words of each file within a folder?

submitted by /u/DamienBlackrock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DamienBlackrock, Jan 1, 2021

2. Word Count Column in File Explorer

I work primarily with RTF documents. I came across the option in Windows File Explorer to add a "Word Count" column to the File Explorer display. The "Word Count" does display but it gives no count for any of the documents listed in the File Explorer.
    From top to bottom no word count is displayed for any file created in any of the word processors I use. To date my search on the internet has not found a solution to the lack of word counts.

NeilShephard, Jan 1, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work

1. Word count in Windows Explorer doesn't work - Similar Threads - Word count Explorer

2. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work: Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-added-the-file-count-column-to-my-folder-in/d7ac6505-265f-4e55-b89f-1310f1eaec7cWhy it still doesn't work?And "for the love of god" why the size column in details...
  3. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work: Dear Microsoft,It's been six years since this issue:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-added-the-file-count-column-to-my-folder-in/d7ac6505-265f-4e55-b89f-1310f1eaec7cWhy it still doesn't work?And "for the love of god" why the size column in details...
  4. Windows explorer's "file count" still doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why Does File Explorer's "word count" never work?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Does File Explorer's "word count" never work?: When you select word count to be displayed for file properties in File Explorer, it never, or barely works, as you can see from this screenshot. How is it possible that such a basic feature doesn't work. Isn't both Windows 10 and MS Office made by the same company? 173352
  6. Word Count

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Count: How to find continuous word count in Windows 10. It used to show up at bottom left of screen, now it is nowhere. I'm not looking for total words in doc, just as I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-count/eb04c654-a4d8-4210-8129-25c5faf64a9b
  7. Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows File Explorer Doesn't Work: [IMG] When I open the following file path on my device, the CPU immediately goes from 0%-100% in task manager and the app stops responding. This happens when I click anywhere in the window. What I mean by that is if I click on the file, try to rename it, highlight...
  8. getting a word count for multiple word docs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    getting a word count for multiple word docs: Hi All, I am writing a book and now have 240 mini-chapters done, I think about two volumes worth. I can get the file explorer to show the word count for each of them but I can't find how to get a tally for all chapters together. I'm not married to doing this through file...
  9. how can I get a word count?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I get a word count?: How can I get a word count? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-a-word-count/75bd1ca9-101c-4f71-977b-520e2617d5a0
  10. where can i access the word count

in Cortana
    where can i access the word count: please could you tell me where to find 'word count' on documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-access-the-word-count/ecefd0bd-8664-410f-a244-5a771c5ac4b7"