Windows 10: Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.

Discus and support Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to block a website and after restarting wifi stoped working , method was :-1.Click on the Start menu and select “Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shouryavashisth, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.

I tried to block a website and after restarting wifi stoped working , method was :-1.Click on the Start menu and select “Windows Accessories.”2.Right-click on Notepad, select “More” followed by “Run as administrator.”3.When the Notepad opens, select “File” from the toolbar and “Open” from the drop-down menu.4.Go the “C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc” location.5.Make sure to select the “All files” option for the files to appear. Then open the “host” file.6.Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the last line. Make sure to create space.7.Enter the URL you want to block.8. Save and restart,

:)

shouryavashisth, Apr 9, 2022

2. Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer

I need some help to get my wireless connection to work again.

• After recent Windows 10 Update, my wireless connection no longer works. I've done some troubleshooting and I have ruled out my ISP, cable modem, and router, leaving the issue to be something within the computer (Dell laptop - Inspiron 7537).
    • The wired connection works fine
    • When I run Windows Network Diagnosis, it tells me that the Windows Wireless Service is not running (see attached pdf report)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service, i get an error message that says "Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig service on Local Computer Error 193:0xc1" (see attached)
    • When I try to manually start the WLANSVC service from the command prompt (as Admin) I get a slightly different message that says "The WLAN AutoConfig service is starting. The WLAN AutoConfig service could not be started. A system error has occurred. System error 193 has occurred. *** is not a valid Win32 application." (see attached)
    • I've downloaded the latest Intell PROset Wireless drivers from Dell (V18.20.0.9) for the Wireless-N 7260 wireless network adapter and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This didn't help.
    • I've attached some screenshots and a pdf copy of the Windows Network Diagnostics report.
    • Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help. [​IMG]
    • Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help. [​IMG]
    • Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Report.pdf

yellowjacket03, Apr 9, 2022
  3. WLAN Autoconfig stuck in "Stopping" status after Win10 update

Hi,

To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start button found at the lower left hand corner of your screen.
    • Go to Task Manager.
    • Click on the Processes tab.
    • On the list of processes, look for WLAN Autoconfig.
    • Right click, and click on End task.
    • Once done, search for services.msc.
    • Click on WLAN Autoconfig. Confirm that your Startup type is Automatic, and
      Service status is Started.
    • Once confirmed, check if you will be able to connect to your Wi-Fi connection.

Let us know how it goes.

Ruizell Rey, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.

Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.

1. Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help. - Similar Threads - Wlan autoconfig error

2. Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.: I tried to block a website and after restarting wifi stoped working , method was :-1.Click on the Start menu and select “Windows Accessories.”2.Right-click on Notepad, select “More” followed by “Run as administrator.”3.When the Notepad opens, select “File” from the toolbar...
  3. Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wlan autoconfig error -3 ,Wi-Fi not working , help.: I tried to block a website and after restarting wifi stoped working , method was :-1.Click on the Start menu and select “Windows Accessories.”2.Right-click on Notepad, select “More” followed by “Run as administrator.”3.When the Notepad opens, select “File” from the toolbar...
  4. Wi-fi windows bug? - "netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no" provides a temporary fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi windows bug? - "netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no" provides a temporary fix: Hi there!My internet pings horribly every 15 seconds, with ping increasing to just under 1 second. It does this like clockwork. This seems most severe or noticeable during uploading. I try to stream a remote desktop and the picture jumps and fails every 15 seconds. The...
  5. Wi-fi windows bug? - "netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no" provides a temporary fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi windows bug? - "netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no" provides a temporary fix: Hi there!My internet pings horribly every 15 seconds, with ping increasing to just under 1 second. It does this like clockwork. This seems most severe or noticeable during uploading. I try to stream a remote desktop and the picture jumps and fails every 15 seconds. The...
  6. Wi-fi windows bug? - "netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no" provides a temporary fix

7. WLAN AutoConfig

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WLAN AutoConfig: Was having an issue with my hard drive and fixed it by clean booting. Upon doing so WLAN auto config has turned itself off and I can not seem for the life of me to get it to come back on. I also cannot access system file checker nor reset my pc for some reason.Regards,...
  8. Issue with Wifi Wlan Autoconfig, Error 1068

Issue with Wifi Wlan Autoconfig, Error 1068: Issue started this morning when my laptop - out of nowhere - stopped detecting any wireless network whatsoever!Lan works fine That's how I am writing this post. First I tried the normal solutions: Update, enable/disable, uninstall/install network wireless adaptors.- No...
  9. WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068

WLAN AutoConfig can't be started, error:1068: Windows Connection Manager can't be started, it started then stopped. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan-autoconfig-cant-be-started-error1068/af2c378a-ac23-4830-9530-71e99507dc75
  10. WLAN Autoconfig issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WLAN Autoconfig issues: Hi, event viewer describes this as a issue: WLAN Extensibility Module has failed to start. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll Error Code: 126 I have done every single thing that all the guides/steps say to do WLANauto config is set to automatic and is on in...