Windows 10: wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…

Discus and support wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works… in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a steel series microphone, and when connected via usb, the audio works but the actual microphone does not. However when i connect it to a 3.5mm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nate Nuccitelli, Jul 19, 2024.

1. wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…

I have a steel series microphone, and when connected via usb, the audio works but the actual microphone does not. However when i connect it to a 3.5mm headphone jack, it does work with the microphone and everyone can hear me. When plugging in my headphones to usb, it does not recognize the headphone jack, and therefore does not allow me to use it wirelessly. Help!

:)

Nate Nuccitelli, Jul 19, 2024
  2. FGohh Win User

usb wired and wireless mouse stopped working

Wireless 2.4G mouse was working. Recently had a MS update and then the wireless mouse stopped working. Tried using a wired USB mouse and it too doesn't work. Using Device Manager, I am able to Uninstall the Dell USB Mouse that is listed under Other Devices
    which happens to be the wired mouse. Removing the USB connection and then plugging it back in, pops up a window Setting up Device followed by another pop up window indicated Device is Ready. However, the mouse still doesn't work.

Going back to the Device Manager, I can see the Device Status "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Fortunately I am on an Asus laptop and under Mice and other pointing device, the Asus Supported Device still works which is the touchpad.

Really would be helpful if the wired or wireless mouse worked. By the way, same behavior applies for the Wireless mouse.

FGohh, Jul 19, 2024
  3. SRNonStop Win User
    Mouse problem - No mice work, wireless or wired

On Windows 10, after previously working just fine, a reboot has rendered any and all mouse devices non-responsive. Only the touchpad works. I have tried numerous steps already...

1) Tried the mouse on another computer. Both wired and wireless work on other PCs, but not on the PC in question.

2) Tried a different USB port, none work despite recognizing the USB device and installing drivers.

3) Safe mode is no different. I have uninstalled the 3 Human Interface devices and allowed Windows to re-install them.

4) I have a wireless keyboard that shares the wireless mouse USB port, the keyboard works but the mouse does not.

5) I have checked for Windows updates, none are available.

6) I have rebooted, restarted and tried again numerous times.

7) Neither wired nor wireless work, on any or all USB ports. Other devices work in these same USB ports.

How can I restore mouse functionality that previously worked?

SRNonStop, Jul 19, 2024
  4. Tsw88 Win User

wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…

Wired and wireless mouse not working after reinstallation of windows

Everything else works. Lan card works, USB wired keyboard works, USB flash drives works.

ONLY the most critical tool - MOUSE, either the wired one or the wireless one, I've tried different ports. It just returns with error message suggesting that the system couldn't detect the new hardware !

It once worked , just for one time, it works for one time. It was connected directly to the USB port of the motherboard. I thought everything was alright and took it out and wanted to put it back on the ports of the USB hub.

But then it doesn't work. I tried different ports on the USB hub, none of them works, however, other devices like flash drives work totally.

Then I tried to stick it back the USB port of the motherboard. It doesn't work again.

I feel so frustrated. Keyboard is not enough !

I don't think both mouse failed. One is even a new one (wired), the older one is a Microsoft wireless one which works perfectly yesterday on another computer!

Does anyone experience the same problem? Any idea?

Without the mouse, I am not able to get to the details of the error message shown on the bottom right corner !

Tsw88, Jul 19, 2024
Thema:

wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…

1. wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works… - Similar Threads - wireless mic works

2. wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…: I have a steel series microphone, and when connected via usb, the audio works but the actual microphone does not. However when i connect it to a 3.5mm headphone jack, it does work with the microphone and everyone can hear me. When plugging in my headphones to usb, it does not...
  3. wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless mic only works when wired. But wireless sound works…: I have a steel series microphone, and when connected via usb, the audio works but the actual microphone does not. However when i connect it to a 3.5mm headphone jack, it does work with the microphone and everyone can hear me. When plugging in my headphones to usb, it does not...
  4. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  5. Headphones not working: wireless and wired

Headphones not working: wireless and wired: a long time ago i unplugged my headphones form the audio jack and then after i replugged them i couldnt hear anything, i restarted, shut down, updated audio drivers, ran windows diagnostics, ran wystem file checker but it still doesnt work. strange thing is its the same thing...
  6. Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on: Hello,I have a Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headset using a dongle for the wireless, the mic and the sound works perfectly fine when used separately but when I want to use my mic while having the sound on, the mic begin to make some buggy/laggy/chopped sound. It is just some...
  7. Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on

Wireless headset's mic not working when sound is on: Hello,I have a Corsair Virtuoso SE wireless headset using a dongle for the wireless, the mic and the sound works perfectly fine when used separately but when I want to use my mic while having the sound on, the mic begin to make some buggy/laggy/chopped sound. It is just some...
  8. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  9. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  10. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware