Windows 10: Windows wrecked my second laptop.

Discus and support Windows wrecked my second laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sue read, Nov 4, 2023.

1. sue read Win User

Windows wrecked my second laptop.

I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How is this fair ? I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have no lost valuable work time unable to edit my work. Still trying to figure out if this one can be fixed. I was able to get rid of one update but that did no good.

:)

sue read, Nov 4, 2023

2. using laptop as second monitor?

looking for either a mouse/keyboard share program or some way to use my laptop as a second monitor when i am at home. The laptop is windows 8 the desktop windows 7. i tried to download a program called Synergy but it led me to some weird 3rd party download host where they want you to download their installer, or their toolbar etc etc decided to not got that route. any other suggestions?

moocow0463, Nov 4, 2023
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 4, 2023
  4. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 4, 2023
Thema:

Windows wrecked my second laptop.

1. Windows wrecked my second laptop. - Similar Threads - wrecked second laptop

2. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  3. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  4. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrecked my second laptop.: I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How is this fair ? I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have no lost valuable work time unable to edit my work. Still...
  5. Windows wrecked my second laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wrecked my second laptop.: I lost my first laptop in May so bought another of the same laptop and transfered my files. Now it's November and the second laptop did the same. How is this fair ? I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. I have no lost valuable work time unable to edit my work. Still...
  6. Update 20H2 wrecks my machine

Update 20H2 wrecks my machine: Last night, even though I’d switched off updates and put my computer to ‘sleep’, MS unilaterally decided to reboot and apply version 20H2, the update I’d been trying to avoid. This has wrecked my machine twice before, so I'd turned off the update. This morning again, nothing...
  7. Update wrecking havoc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update wrecking havoc: Hi everyone. I just did a window update (feature update to Windows 10, version 2004). Ever since I completed it my computer has been a nightmare to use. It keeps changing my unlock ability from a pin to a password, logs me out of websites (I use Chrome) even though I keep...
  8. Windows 10 wrecking job!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wrecking job!!!: Hi. Windows 10 has been running successfully on one hard drive while I had vista on another. Since the last update to 10 it has managed to render the vista drive inaccessible. How do i get access to the files on vista....
  9. windows 10 update wrecked my PC

windows 10 update wrecked my PC: I installed the latest windows 10 upgrade yesterday and it was a disaster When I did the restart – I could not logon to the PC – I kept getting an error message that it could not find my user profile. I tried both password and pin – neither worked. I tried changing...
  10. Windows updates wreck my installed drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows updates wreck my installed drivers: Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why Why do Windows 10 updates constantly wreck my installed drivers? Either they blow the trackpad, the Bluetooth, the wireless, or the sound drivers causing me to uninstall and reinstall from the proven drivers I store on a...