Windows 10: Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason when I booted up my PC today it decided it wanted to be in mountain time instead of pacific time. I was able to manually change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Valarie G, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Valarie G Win User

Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10

For some reason when I booted up my PC today it decided it wanted to be in mountain time instead of pacific time. I was able to manually change the time to the correct hour, but windows will not let me change the timezone, so all of my apps think it's the incorrect time. I have the settings "set time automatically" as off, and "set time zone automatically" as off so I could change the hour manually, but the drop-down menu to change the timezone is greyed out and locked on mountain time, nothing happens when I click on it. The setting for adjusting to daylight savings time automatically is on

:)

Valarie G, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Ellen22 Win User

Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Time Zone tool?

Tested this once again and did exactly what the steps from above. After booting into Windows it did change to UTC from the list of time zones from the date and time properties.

The actual time however was still Pacific Time. But when I connected to the internet now the clock shows UTC.

I did a command SYSTEMINFO and under Original Install Date it still has the Pacific Time.

So yes, I can confirm that to show the exact correct time you need to connect to the internet or else it will not work. The only changes that do work when not connected is that the correct Time Zone setting (UTC) appeared on the date/time properties after doing the TZUTIL command during install. But the actual time was still reflected on Pacific Time.

win10freak, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10

Tech Guy Guide, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10

1. Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Let Change Zone

2. Windows 11 will not let me change my time zone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not let me change my time zone.: I cannot get windows 11 to allow me to change my time zone. I am using the administrator account when I attempt it, and yes I have made sure it really is the administrator account. Unchecking the box next to set time zone automatically does nothing....
  3. Windows 11 will not let me change my time zone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not let me change my time zone.: I cannot get windows 11 to allow me to change my time zone. I am using the administrator account when I attempt it, and yes I have made sure it really is the administrator account. Unchecking the box next to set time zone automatically does nothing....
  4. It won't let me change the time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me change the time zone: Yesterday I reinstalled windows and everything is perfect, except for the fact that it does not allow me to change the time zone in the settings or in the control panel. In the settings I see the option in gray as disabled and I can not change it to have my time zone. I hope...
  5. It won't let me change the time zone

It won't let me change the time zone: Yesterday I reinstalled windows and everything is perfect, except for the fact that it does not allow me to change the time zone in the settings or in the control panel. In the settings I see the option in gray as disabled and I can not change it to have my time zone. I hope...
  6. Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10: For some reason when I booted up my PC today it decided it wanted to be in mountain time instead of pacific time. I was able to manually change the time to the correct hour, but windows will not let me change the timezone, so all of my apps think it's the incorrect time. I...
  7. Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10

Windows Will Not Let Me Change Time Zone Windows 10: For some reason when I booted up my PC today it decided it wanted to be in mountain time instead of pacific time. I was able to manually change the time to the correct hour, but windows will not let me change the timezone, so all of my apps think it's the incorrect time. I...
  8. Windows 10 Change Time Zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Change Time Zone: I just got a new laptop and the timezone is wrong. It gives me an error message when I try to change it telling me I don’t have permission and to log in as Administrator. I am the Administrator. I saw a CMD command suggested somewhere, but I need the EXACT command for Eastern...
  9. PC won't let me change time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC won't let me change time zone: I want to change the time zone on my PC because it is wrong, however, whenever I changed it in the settings app it would just revert back to Pacific Time US & Canada. Even when I go to Control Panel > Clock and Region > Date and Time and try to change it there it says Unable...
  10. Change Time Zone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Time Zone in Windows 10: How to: Change Time Zone in Windows 10 How to Change the Time Zone in Windows 10 Your PC's clock is used to record the time whenever you create or modify files on your PC. You can change the clock's time and time zone. A time zone is a region that observes a uniform...