Windows 10: Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account

Discus and support Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community, we have managed to change my wife's windows login account to a Child's account when making changes for my son to play games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim Lloyd1, Jan 7, 2024.

1. Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account

Hello Microsoft community, we have managed to change my wife's windows login account to a Child's account when making changes for my son to play games. We have tried to change it back but the windows account has permission restrictions to the PC settings and control panel etc to allow the changes back. There isn't even 'Family and other users' option listed in the accounts settings. Her login name comes up, but the email linked is my sons email. How can we change this windows account back to an adult account with administrator privileges? Thanks

:)

Tim Lloyd1, Jan 7, 2024

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 8, 2024
  3. JS1701 Win User
    Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Windows 10 Home
    ver 1909

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family?

I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f

but there's no option for "family and other users".

They do not have Microsoft accounts. Do I need to basically create a new child account at Windows setup?

Any assistance appreciated.

JS1701, Jan 8, 2024
  4. Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account

How to change an "other users" account to a family child account

I have the exact same problem. I have read this entire thread and still find no solution to the problem. My computer has updated to windows 10 as well. My child's account is now under the
    other users accounts and I want to transfer him to a
    family child account without having to create a new account and be able to place child restriction settings. However, the solution you provided doesn't help. This is what your instruction entails...

If your child already has a user account on your PC, you can still add them to your family.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap
      Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

• Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click Other accounts.

• Select the account you want, and then tap or click Edit.

If your child doesn't have a standard user account, see the previous To create a new child's account steps.

• In the Account type list, select Child and then tap or click
      OK. ---->>> This part doesn't exist. It only gives you the option to change account type from
      local account to administrator. What I want to do is move the existing account to family CHILD account! PLEASE PROVIDE NEW SOLUTION ASAP!!!! THANK YOU!

GianinaClark, Jan 8, 2024
Thema:

Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account

1. Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account - Similar Threads - user login mistakenly

2. Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account: Hello Microsoft community, we have managed to change my wife's windows login account to a Child's account when making changes for my son to play games. We have tried to change it back but the windows account has permission restrictions to the PC settings and control panel etc...
  3. Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows user login mistakenly changed to a Child's account: Hello Microsoft community, we have managed to change my wife's windows login account to a Child's account when making changes for my son to play games. We have tried to change it back but the windows account has permission restrictions to the PC settings and control panel etc...
  4. How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...: I even didn't know, that my nephew entered a wrong date. Maybe you find a proper way to get my information in minutes instead of weaks.So Linux is less time consuming in the meantime, because of microsoft is still going for more issues, than solutions.BTW. The common 10 year...
  5. How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...: I even didn't know, that my nephew entered a wrong date. Maybe you find a proper way to get my information in minutes instead of weaks.So Linux is less time consuming in the meantime, because of microsoft is still going for more issues, than solutions.BTW. The common 10 year...
  6. How to change the mistakenly to the wrong account merged Date of birth ? child account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Signing In with a child user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing In with a child user account: Hello! I Tried to Sign-in with a child account. But i can't.. It says ''You need an Internet Connection For This''. But I can Sign-In with the administrator Account, WITHOUT Internet Connection....
  8. Can a local user be changed to a child account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can a local user be changed to a child account?: Windows 10 Home ver 1909 Hello, I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family? I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f but there's...
  9. user account always changes while login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user account always changes while login: Every time when I login to Windows 10, a new use account appears. So I have to configure my mail and programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-always-changes-while-login/951aaec5-07a0-4a99-826f-9f167ee49367
  10. Change account to child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change account to child: When I set my son up on Xboxone, I used my email and information with his gamertag. I need to set screen time, but cant because he is set as the “parent.” I tried to add another adult to my “family” on microsoft to monitor/ set screen time for him, but it didnt work...