Windows 10: Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

Discus and support Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cayden may, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix to this?

:)

Cayden may, Feb 20, 2023

2. Windows Update has been stuck checking for updates and the Troubleshooter is "Checking for pending restart" endlessly

Windows Update has been stuck checking for updates and the Troubleshooter is "Checking for pending restart" endlessly

Oleksiy_BU, Feb 20, 2023
  3. Error at window update troubleshooting “check for pending restart” can’t update please help

Error at window update troubleshooting “check for pending restart” can’t update please help windows 10

Hagit Zeitoun, Feb 20, 2023
  4. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

Windows Update has been stuck checking for updates and the Troubleshooter is "Checking for pending restart" endlessly

I would recommend you follow the steps to update the system to Windows 10 1903 or if you want to stay with 1809, try the additional troubleshooting steps.

You can also try installing the latest cumulative update manually:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/manually-insta...

If the update is not installing or making your system unstable, I would heed that as a sign not to try and force the installation.

Due to the millions of configurations out there, some might not be fully compatible with a particular cumulative update.

Press Windows key + R

Type: appwiz.cpl

Hit Enter

Click View installed updates

Select the recent update

Right click it then click uninstall.

Restart into Normal mode then check if stability/functionality is restored. If it is, proceed with the next steps.

What I recommend you do is block the update for the time being and report it in the Feedback Hub so the Windows engineers are aware of the issue.

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/54-how-to-su...

The update will try to install again, so use the following to block it:

Is there an option or work around to block updates or hardware drivers that might cause problems?

Yes, Microsoft has released a KB update (KB3073930) that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

Windows Update: FAQ - Microsoft Support

After downloading, launch it, click Next, wait while it detects pending Windows Updates.

Click the Hide Updates menu.

Scroll through the list then select then select the update. Check the box next to the update then click Next to confirm changes.

Andre for Directly, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

1. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart - Similar Threads - update troubleshooter stuck

2. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  3. Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Update Stuck on Pending Restart: My 2024-04 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5036620 has been stuck on "Pending Restart" for months now. I have tried restarting my laptop Acer, Aspire A115-31 with all the ways possible. I even tried completely shutting...
  4. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  5. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  6. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart: My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix to this?...
  8. Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart

Windows update troubleshooter stuck on checking for pending restart: My windows update page is blank and wont load to i used the troubleshooter and its been on checking for pending restart for 20 minutes is there a fix to this?...
  9. Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart''

Windows Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshooter stuck in '' Checking for pending restart'': My computer hasn't been able to update since July, it shows the error 0x80080005 and when I try to run the troubleshooter it stays in '' Checking for pending restart'' endlessly. Please help....
  10. Windows 10 Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshoot stuck at checking for pending restart

Windows 10 Update error 0x80080005 and troubleshoot stuck at checking for pending restart: Hello! I've been having an issue with my Windows 10 Home. When I check for updates I get the 0x80080005 error. I've looked all over the internet for a fix, but nothing really worked. Troubleshooting leads to the troubleshoot getting stuck at "Checking for Pending Restart"...