Windows 10: Windows Update jacked my PC (I think)

Discus and support Windows Update jacked my PC (I think) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I USED to have Windows Update enabled by default. But between last night when I went to sleep, and waking up this morning, something went wrong with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DoctorPoopypantz, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Windows Update jacked my PC (I think)

I USED to have Windows Update enabled by default.

But between last night when I went to sleep, and waking up this morning, something went wrong with my Windows. I woke up to a blue screen saying a system exception wasn't handled, and that Windows needed to try to fix my PC. It said it fixed it, booted into Windows, Windows Update immediately started downloading something (Cortana-related stuff), and bam...blue screen again, same error. From that point, it was completely jacked: Every time I'd try to load in, it would just sit at the Welcome screen with the Welcome screen loading icon spinning, and do nothing.

So I disconnected my PC from the internet, turned the PC off, turned it back on, and turned it off again while it was trying to boot Windows to access Windows Repair. Restored it to a restore point from late November, and now it works fine. Completely disabled Windows Updates, reconnected to the Internet, and it's fine. Perfectly fine.

Has anyone had or heard about this problem recently? Cuz now I'm obviously worried about my hardware, but it doesn't feel like hardware. It feels like Windows Update jacked my PC.

submitted by /u/DoctorPoopypantz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DoctorPoopypantz, Dec 9, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update jacked my PC (I think) :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and Magic Jack compatibility problem

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Sorry to know that the issue persists even after trying so many suggestions.

• What and all steps have you tried?
    • Do you face the same voice issue when you are using other apps?
    If it is the issue with Magic Jack, you need to contact Magic Jack support.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Windows Update jacked my PC (I think)

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update jacked my PC (I think)

1. Windows Update jacked my PC (I think) - Similar Threads - Update jacked

2. No mic input after the latest windows 10 update, it says no jack information available

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No mic input after the latest windows 10 update, it says no jack information available: I've checked the privacy settings and I've restarted my computer. The output sound works and it's connected to my pc through the same usb. submitted by /u/OkRasmus [link] [comments]...
  3. No sound from jack after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from jack after windows update: Hello,I have issue, that windows doesn't allow to use device related to jack output:I tried to install/reinstall drivers - without luck.The same device works as expected on ubuntu 20.04.Device id details:PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1457&SUBSYS_CB861462&REV_00...
  4. No sound from jack after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from jack after windows update: Hello,I have issue, that windows doesn't allow to use device related to jack output:I tried to install/reinstall drivers - without luck.The same device works as expected on ubuntu 20.04.Device id details:PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1457&SUBSYS_CB861462&REV_00...
  5. SADES Audio Jack Microphone not working after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 04/14/23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SADES Audio Jack Microphone not working after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 04/14/23: Hi, my headphones' microphone recently stopped working after the mentioned update. It was working before and I've tried several ways to get it to work.List of the things I've tried:Restarting the computerUninstalling and reinstalling driversBuying a headset splitterAdjusting...
  6. SADES Audio Jack Microphone not working after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 04/14/23

SADES Audio Jack Microphone not working after Update Windows 11 Version 22H2 04/14/23: Hi, my headphones' microphone recently stopped working after the mentioned update. It was working before and I've tried several ways to get it to work.List of the things I've tried:Restarting the computerUninstalling and reinstalling driversBuying a headset splitterAdjusting...
  7. mic jack no longer works after newest update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic jack no longer works after newest update?: I just updated windows on my Acer Swift laptop, and the headphone jack no longer works. When I plug my headset it, it does not recognize that anything is plugged in. And of course there is no signal going through it or into it via the mic. In the settings, it does not show up...
  8. mic jack no longer works after newest update?

mic jack no longer works after newest update?: I just updated windows on my Acer Swift laptop, and the headphone jack no longer works. When I plug my headset it, it does not recognize that anything is plugged in. And of course there is no signal going through it or into it via the mic. In the settings, it does not show up...
  9. Admin account jacked after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin account jacked after update: My computer updated last night. This morning, when I logged into my administrator account, it’s like I never set it up and it says I’m logged in as a temporary user. I checked in Computer Management and the Local Users and Groups folder doesn’t exist. I tried signing out and...
  10. Admin account jacked after update

Admin account jacked after update: My computer updated last night. This morning, when I logged into my administrator account, it’s like I never set it up and it says I’m logged in as a temporary user. I checked in Computer Management and the Local Users and Groups folder doesn’t exist. I tried signing out and...