Windows 10: Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

Discus and support Windows Update Download Stuck at 0% in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For the past few days, I've been trying update my windows to the newest version. It is not a major update or anything however because of that I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarvelCS19, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

For the past few days, I've been trying update my windows to the newest version. It is not a major update or anything however because of that I can't play a few games that I love to play. I tried every possible way from stopping and starting the windows update service to recovering to a saved previous windows version. I don't know what else to do other than perform a clean install of windows which I won't do because I have a lot of important documents here. Any help? Thanks in advance!

:)

MarvelCS19, Jul 8, 2022
  2. TomStrong Win User

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:

• Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Windows Update Download Stuck at 0% [​IMG]

TomStrong, Jul 8, 2022
  3. Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
    Palmen auf Griechenlands größter Insel
    Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

Sumit Dhiman, Jul 8, 2022
  4. Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

Windows Defender update stuck on "0% Downloading"

Good Morning

For the last 3 weeks I for some reason can't update windows Defender. It's stuck on downloading.

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.275.1086.0)

Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.259.652.0)

Once the update doesn't work I get the following error message:

Code:
    [b]Error 0x80070003 while downloading update for Windows Defender.
    [/b]
    I've tried everything also methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Windows Update troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Try below given method if issue persist.

Method 2:

If issue persist I suggest you to reset Windows Update component. Kindly follow the below given steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Stop the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net stop bits
      • net stop wuauserv
      • net stop appidsvc
      • net stop cryptsvc
    • Rename the softare distribution folders backup copies. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
      • Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
    • Restart the BITS service, the Windows Update service, and the Cryptographic service. To do this, at a command prompt, type the following commands. Make sure that you press Enter after you type each command.
      • net start bits
      • net start wuauserv
      • net start appidsvc
      • net start cryptsvc
    • Restart your PC and check if it works.
    Method 3:

The system file may have got corrupted due to corruption in system file. I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

PierreCoetzee1, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

1. Windows Update Download Stuck at 0% - Similar Threads - Update Download Stuck

2. Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%: For the past few days, I've been trying update my windows to the newest version. It is not a major update or anything however because of that I can't play a few games that I love to play. I tried every possible way from stopping and starting the windows update service to...
  3. Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Download Stuck at 0%: For the past few days, I've been trying update my windows to the newest version. It is not a major update or anything however because of that I can't play a few games that I love to play. I tried every possible way from stopping and starting the windows update service to...
  4. Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading

Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading: System DetailsWindows 10 ProfessionalWinver 1803 OS Build 17134.1304What I Have TriedI tried everything here except for resorting to the Windows Media Creation Tool and it did not work. Windows update issues - Microsoft CommunityI tried everything here and it did not work....
  5. Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading: System DetailsWindows 10 ProfessionalWinver 1803 OS Build 17134.1304What I Have TriedI tried everything here except for resorting to the Windows Media Creation Tool and it did not work. Windows update issues - Microsoft CommunityI tried everything here and it did not work....
  6. Windows Updates Stuck at 0% Downloading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.: It is stuck on cumulative update for windows 21H1, KB5006670. I did not approve nor had any prior notice of this update. Why is it automatically being installed and why has the downloading stopped at 0%? I don't believe this update is intended for my computer. How to fix this...
  8. windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.

windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.: It is stuck on cumulative update for windows 21H1, KB5006670. I did not approve nor had any prior notice of this update. Why is it automatically being installed and why has the downloading stopped at 0%? I don't believe this update is intended for my computer. How to fix this...
  9. windows update stuck at 'downloading 0%'.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Downloading updates stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downloading updates stuck at 0%: Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available: Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688). Cumulative...