Windows 10: Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops

Discus and support Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,my Problem is that every time I try to download a Game to my external HDD in the "XboxGames" Folder, the installation starts and instantly stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AntiOnDrugs, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops

Hello,my Problem is that every time I try to download a Game to my external HDD in the "XboxGames" Folder, the installation starts and instantly stops without showing any error code Ex. I click on the Green "Install" Button, it greys out for a moment, and gets green again. I tried it on the Xbox too and there it also instantly stops downloading, also with no error code.Ex. I click install, it gets in the query in the bottom left and then gets removed. When I download games to the C: Drive, it works fine. I once did have something installed on the external Drive in the "WindowsApps" Folder

:)

AntiOnDrugs, Sep 8, 2023

2. forza horizon 3 starts download then instantly stops

Hi woifhwoieufhoiwe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the common reasons why downloading a certain game like Forza Horizon 3 stops instantly. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this concern with your other games?
    • Are you using wired or wireless connection?

Meanwhile, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset Store Cache.

1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    2. Type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.

Note: The WS tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
    3. The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the Store cache has been reset.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Sep 8, 2023
  3. woifhwoieufhoiwe, Sep 8, 2023
  4. Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops

Windows Store Download instantly Cancelled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties in Microsoft Store.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

However, we can try a few steps and check.

Step 1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: Running PowerShell Command

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

3. Restart PC and check

Step 4: New user account

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops

1. Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops - Similar Threads - Store download doesnt

2. Microsoft Store doesnt allow any downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store doesnt allow any downloads.: Hello, i've been having this problem for some years now where the Microsoft Store doesnt function. Whenever i try to install any app or game from the store, that image appears. It says that something happened on their end and to wait, but i have waited for some years now. I...
  3. Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops: Hello,my Problem is that every time I try to download a Game to my external HDD in the "XboxGames" Folder, the installation starts and instantly stops without showing any error code Ex. I click on the Green "Install" Button, it greys out for a moment, and gets green again. I...
  4. Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store download doesnt start / instantly stops: Hello,my Problem is that every time I try to download a Game to my external HDD in the "XboxGames" Folder, the installation starts and instantly stops without showing any error code Ex. I click on the Green "Install" Button, it greys out for a moment, and gets green again. I...
  5. Microsoft store instantly stops respondingscreen freezes when I start installing an app.

Microsoft store instantly stops respondingscreen freezes when I start installing an app.: This is ridiculous. This has been an issue for me since not long ago. First of all, the update screen doesn't even show up, just stuck on loading. I've been waiting for it to load up for about two hours now, and it's still hasn't loaded. Second, when I click on settings or...
  6. Windows Store Download instantly Cancelled

Windows Store Download instantly Cancelled: Ive been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 for few days. After it downloaded, it installs and it just cancel install itself. Now Windows Store decided to redownload the game again, is there a way to force check the files?...
  7. Microsoft store starting and stopping game downloads constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store starting and stopping game downloads constantly: Downloading State of Decay 2 off the Microsoft store and the thing just stops waits like a minute, downloads a couple MBs then stops again. No other game does it, I searched the forums and tried all the suggestions I could find. In fact I have downloaded more for Forza...
  8. Windows Store Download Stops

Windows Store Download Stops: I am trying to download Forza Horizon 4 and the download stops at 2.2-2.3 GB. I have restarted cleared the cache and a couple of other tips I found online. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store download stops and starts repeatedly: I am currently in the middle of downloading Forza Horizon 4, it was gifted to me but what i am about to describe has never been a problem with gifted games before, the download says downloading and it will show me the download is anywhere from 20-430mbps with 75 (the usual...
  10. forza horizon 3 starts download then instantly stops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forza horizon 3 starts download then instantly stops: forza horizon 3 starts download then instantly stops https://gyazo.com/a8709de737f28e43d949765a1be5f792 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/forza-horizon-3-starts-download-then-instantly/55412db9-2379-4b03-9123-49bb7690bd35