Windows 10: Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

Discus and support Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dave Coy., Apr 23, 2024.

1. Dave Coy. Win User

Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the startup applications start loading in.After about 5-10 seconds, loading the initial apps appears to stall I see 5 icons in systray, normally I'll see about 15 when startup has finished. The mouse cursor and keyboard never freeze. Interacting with contents in the taskbar seems fairly normal, except that no apps will actuall

:)

Dave Coy., Apr 23, 2024
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 23, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

@mrgeek - NO - we're not looking for a Win 10 installable ISO.

I'm asking him to download Kyhi's bootable disk which he can boot from and run Kyhi's PE version of Win 10 with tools so he sees this:

Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup epair-frozen-117487d1485975883t-windows-10-recovery-tools-bootable-rescue-disk-2017-01-17_063449.png

- from here
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums
    @trainut- the download links seems ok from here.

dalchina, Apr 23, 2024
  4. trainut Win User

Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

Yeah the link's back up now. I made a DVD with the ISO. Results are in the next post.

trainut, Apr 23, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup - Similar Threads - stops loading becomes

2. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  3. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  4. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  5. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  6. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  7. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows11 becoming unresponsive and stops responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 becoming unresponsive and stops responding: So recently I have had issues with windows 11 becoming unresponsive and having things coming up "not responding" I've had instances of Windows folders, Windows "save as" feature and task manager stop responding and being completely unable to be closed This occurs whether I...
  9. Windows11 becoming unresponsive and stops responding

Windows11 becoming unresponsive and stops responding: So recently I have had issues with windows 11 becoming unresponsive and having things coming up "not responding" I've had instances of Windows folders, Windows "save as" feature and task manager stop responding and being completely unable to be closed This occurs whether I...
  10. Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Desktop/Startup Repair Frozen: I am having a really weird problem. I attempted to boot my computer up today, and I was greeted with a totally unresponsive desktop. No icons loaded except for the taskbar, and clicking anywhere on the taskbar does nothing. I tried a hard shutdown and I restarted to the same...