Windows 10: Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update

Discus and support Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As in the title, I have 1 ssd drive in my laptop divided into 2 partitions. After booting up after the update Windows stopped recognising the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gnat Aleksander, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update

As in the title, I have 1 ssd drive in my laptop divided into 2 partitions. After booting up after the update Windows stopped recognising the second partition - the first one works fine, while the other one doesn't even show in Disk Management.Gotta admire Microsoft's ability to break somethging with every update. What can I do?

:)

Gnat Aleksander, Sep 21, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 21, 2023
  3. itsme1 Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2  

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Sep 21, 2023
  4. FX-GMC Win User

Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update

Move Win7 64 image from a partition NTFS to a new drive

EDIT: After reading your first post again, is there any reason that you would now need GPT? Are you just trying to move the windows install to a new disk or is there a new motherboard involved?

If you are already booting to an NTFS partition, then it makes me wonder if after copying to the new drive, the partition isn't getting marked as Active.

Following the same steps I posted above for startup repair, you can get to a command prompt and use diskpart to see if this is the case.

Code: In the command prompt: diskpart list disk select disk 0 (disk number may be different if you have other disks connected.) list partition select partition 0 (partition number number may vary, but you want to see the boot partition which is the same as your windows partition according to the screenshot on the OP) detail partition (This should have Active: Yes or No. If it says no, since we have the partition selected, you can just use the following command in diskpart) active[/quote]

FX-GMC, Sep 21, 2023
Thema:

Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update

1. Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update - Similar Threads - stopped seeing partition

2. Chrome stopped working After 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome stopped working After 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2: After 2023-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2, Chrome stopped working: not loading any pages including Chrome Help or anything from Chrome top right 3 dots. Webpages gave blank pages, and top right three dots gave "Aw, Snap!". I have uninstalled Chrome several...
  3. Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update: As in the title, I have 1 ssd drive in my laptop divided into 2 partitions. After booting up after the update Windows stopped recognising the second partition - the first one works fine, while the other one doesn't even show in Disk Management.Gotta admire Microsoft's ability...
  4. Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped seeing a partition of a drive after the version 22H2 update: As in the title, I have 1 ssd drive in my laptop divided into 2 partitions. After booting up after the update Windows stopped recognising the second partition - the first one works fine, while the other one doesn't even show in Disk Management.Gotta admire Microsoft's ability...
  5. Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2: Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2. I can move the mouse but can't click or do anything on the home screen. Only ctrl+alt+delete works on the keyboard, I tried other commands like win+r but it didnt work. there is no error message either. Please...
  6. Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2: Windows is constantly refreshing after updating to version 22H2. I can move the mouse but can't click or do anything on the home screen. Only ctrl+alt+delete works on the keyboard, I tried other commands like win+r but it didnt work. there is no error message either. Please...
  7. Lost File After Update to Version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost File After Update to Version 22H2: My file is missing after updating to version 22H2, my file is in the download file. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-file-after-update-to-version-22h2/5734c957-5771-4a86-a96b-ca96cf048428
  8. Lost File After Update to Version 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost File After Update to Version 22H2: My file is missing after updating to version 22H2, my file is in the download file. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-file-after-update-to-version-22h2/5734c957-5771-4a86-a96b-ca96cf048428
  9. Cannot see NTFS drive after trying to re-partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see NTFS drive after trying to re-partition: Hello, I had my Boot Camp running from Windows 7 to upgraded Windows 10 without any issues for almost 8-9 years. My set up is High Sierra 5,1 Mac Pro. I was originally using 1TB SSD and split that into 256GB Mac OS and 768GB Boot Camp. I moved my 256GB Mac OS by using...
  10. Partitioned Drive Stopping Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitioned Drive Stopping Windows Update: When I purchased my Windows 10 ThinkCentre it came with a partitioned drive with the opporating system installed on the 110 GB side and my D Drive having 2.72 TB. It's been a struggle to try and get all my programs to install on the D drive instead of the C but I've been able...