Windows 10: Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this?

Discus and support Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It turns on every time I restart my computer, or shut down and then turn on, and I don't want that to happen. I've tried to delete it from the source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A.i.m.s., Jun 28, 2024.

1. A.i.m.s. Win User

Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this?

It turns on every time I restart my computer, or shut down and then turn on, and I don't want that to happen. I've tried to delete it from the source but I can't because I do not have permission from SYSTEM. It's not allowing me to add a screen shot of this. Please help.

:)

A.i.m.s., Jun 28, 2024

2. How to turn off Speech recognition in Windows 10?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to turn off speech recognition in Windows 10

• Click Start then type: Change text to speech options in search bar.
    • Hit enter.
    • Select the Speech Recognition tab
    • Under 'User Settings' uncheck 'Run speech recognition at startup'
    • Click Apply and OK
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 28, 2024
  3. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

Windows Speech Recognition commands - Microsoft Support

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 28, 2024
  4. Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this?

Permanently stop speech recognition

So you want to keep Dragon and turn off Windows Speech Recognition?

Turn off Speech Recognition in Windows 10:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/disable-speech-r...
    (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://silicophilic.com/turn-off-speech-recogn...

Enable or Disable Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Let me know if this works and also allows Dragon to work correctly.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jun 28, 2024
Thema:

Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this?

1. Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this? - Similar Threads - speech recognition keeps

2. Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows speech recognition keeps turning on after I turned it off, how do I stop this?: It turns on every time I restart my computer, or shut down and then turn on, and I don't want that to happen. I've tried to delete it from the source but I can't because I do not have permission from SYSTEM. It's not allowing me to add a screen shot of this. Please help....
  3. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: It's a feature I do not want and do not use.I have followed all the guides about going to Speech settings and turning it off. Turning off the speech on startup through the task manager, and even registry edits.None of that works and randomly the dictation pops up without...
  4. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: It's a feature I do not want and do not use.I have followed all the guides about going to Speech settings and turning it off. Turning off the speech on startup through the task manager, and even registry edits.None of that works and randomly the dictation pops up without...
  5. Permanently turn off Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Turn off the windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the windows speech recognition: I am not happy, I already try a lot of thing to stop this program that you call windows speech recognition to stop, but it won't , believe me I already read every single your answer there and nothing work, so help me, it won't stop and it star ANNOYING when I turn on my...
  7. Turn off the windows speech recognition

Turn off the windows speech recognition: I am not happy, I already try a lot of thing to stop this program that you call windows speech recognition to stop, but it won't , believe me I already read every single your answer there and nothing work, so help me, it won't stop and it star ANNOYING when I turn on my...
  8. I can’t turn on speech recognition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t turn on speech recognition.: I need help. I can’t turn on speech recognition. I searched deep into the internet and found no solution. I need help please. submitted by /u/cocaineking69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hp3oq2/i_cant_turn_on_speech_recognition/
  9. Windows Keeps Turning On Speech Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Keeps Turning On Speech Recognition: Two times in the past few days Windows 10 has restarted overnight, and then either turned on Voice Recognition, or used Voice Recognition even when it was still turned off in the Settings. TLDR: It first happened a couple of days ago after restart. I then disabled Voice...
  10. Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Online Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When talk to Cortana and other apps that use Windows cloud-based speech recognition. Microsoft will use your voice data to help improve their...