Windows 10: Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it

Discus and support Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So when i open it it instantly closes i tried accesing it from diffrent ways like personalization but still wont the only possible way i got close to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lilwaffle, Jul 2, 2021.

1. lilwaffle Win User

Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it

So when i open it it instantly closes i tried accesing it from diffrent ways like personalization but still wont the only possible way i got close to accesing it was Windows antivirus i closes right when i open the normal settings and i get this when trying to open it from personalization ive tried all the possible ways to fix it but it just wont:c

:)

lilwaffle, Jul 2, 2021

2. Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly

I have just upgraded to new release of windows insider preview.

When I try to open Settings, it appears then disappears instantly.

Also, when I right click on desktop and choose Personalize, settings window appears for a second and closes.

The version ov windows: Build 16188.rs_prerelease.170430-1928

ЛоликЛоликов, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Settings keeps closing instantly

Sometimes that only means it is being moved and not closed. So, to clarify, look at the Taskbar and say whether there is an icon there or, if pinned, if there is a taskbar button with a thumbnail?

BTW this is the wrong forum for discussing new Insider build symptoms.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it

Settings Metro App - Instantly Closes - Cant Diagnose The Issue.

(Trying to take ownership of Windows.UI.Xaml.dll and replace it with a working version)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    DO NOT ATTEMPT THE ACTION ABOVE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have tried, all of the above suggestions and nothing has worked like in my situation. This is how to fix the problem.

SOLUTION

As you can't update via the settings app, follow these instructions.

1. Hold Windows key & press R
    Type in winver (this will show you your windows version)
    Mine was (Version 1809 OS Build 17763.253)
    2. Check if there is a higher update available e.g (Version 1809 OS Build 17763.292)
    You can do this here HTML Code: 3. Click on the KB article that is relevant to you.

Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it [​IMG]

4. Scroll to the bottom and download the standalone update by clicking on Microsoft Update Catalog.

5. Download the correct system architecture.

Install and this should resolve your problems - if it does (CREATE A NEW SYSTEM RESTORE POINT)

Hope it helps *Wink

Pleasehelp2019, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it

1. Windows setting instantly closes when i try to open it - Similar Threads - setting instantly closes

2. when i try to open windows update it closes instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to open windows update it closes instantly: when i try to open windows update from services it also says windows could not start windows installer service on local computer error 193 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-windows-update-it-closes/20535c35-ac4c-4be1-afd5-ecdaa0bd3ba5
  3. when i try to open windows update it closes instantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i try to open windows update it closes instantly: when i try to open windows update from services it also says windows could not start windows installer service on local computer error 193 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-windows-update-it-closes/20535c35-ac4c-4be1-afd5-ecdaa0bd3ba5
  4. when i try to open windows update it closes instantly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Settings instantly closes when I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings instantly closes when I try to open it.: Hi, I'm currently having a problem with my computer where whenever I open settings it instantly closes. I've tried looking up solutions but a lot of them require the use of powershell but when I try to open that it does the same thing. Another thing I found out is it wont let...
  6. Settings instantly closes when I try to open it.

Settings instantly closes when I try to open it.: Hi, I'm currently having a problem with my computer where whenever I open settings it instantly closes. I've tried looking up solutions but a lot of them require the use of powershell but when I try to open that it does the same thing. Another thing I found out is it wont let...
  7. Settings instantly closes when I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. When I try to open the recovery it instantly closes in the Windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open the recovery it instantly closes in the Windows settings: When I try to open the recovery it instantly closes in the Windows settings. I tried to enable tpm 2.0 for the Windows 11 update but it wont open....
  9. When I try to open the recovery it instantly closes in the Windows settings

When I try to open the recovery it instantly closes in the Windows settings: When I try to open the recovery it instantly closes in the Windows settings. I tried to enable tpm 2.0 for the Windows 11 update but it wont open....
  10. When I try to open the recovery it instantly closes in the Windows settings

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 settings closes instantly