Windows 10: Windows Search Bar

Discus and support Windows Search Bar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am really new to windows, I just got a pc recently, when I noticed that my search bar is not allowing me to type on it. No matter how many times I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ClubPenguinRUs, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Windows Search Bar

I am really new to windows, I just got a pc recently, when I noticed that my search bar is not allowing me to type on it. No matter how many times I click on it, nothing happens. Can someone please help?

submitted by /u/ClubPenguinRUs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ClubPenguinRUs, Jan 2, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 2, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 2, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

Windows Search Bar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Search Bar

1. Windows Search Bar - Similar Threads - Search Bar

2. Need help to highlight the error in the Search option in the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help to highlight the error in the Search option in the task bar: Hi Team,Hope you find this well!Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!While using my system have found an error in the name of the festival Ganesh Chaturthi & need help to highlight the error in the Search option in the taskbar as seen in snip below....
  3. Need help to highlight the error in the Search option in the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help to highlight the error in the Search option in the task bar: Hi Team,Hope you find this well!Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!While using my system have found an error in the name of the festival Ganesh Chaturthi & need help to highlight the error in the Search option in the taskbar as seen in snip below....
  4. I can't verify my account, but only in the Windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't verify my account, but only in the Windows search bar: Whenever I click into the search bar at the bottom of the Windows 11 home screen on my Surface Book, I get a message that says, "To verify your work results, please verify your account." I cannot. I have used every combination of email addresses and passwords I can find....
  5. I can't verify my account, but only in the Windows search bar

I can't verify my account, but only in the Windows search bar: Whenever I click into the search bar at the bottom of the Windows 11 home screen on my Surface Book, I get a message that says, "To verify your work results, please verify your account." I cannot. I have used every combination of email addresses and passwords I can find....
  6. I can't access start menu, search bar, notification, some settings including windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't access start menu, search bar, notification, some settings including windows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Background_Ad3377 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1f9miel/i_cant_access_start_menu_search_bar_notification/
  7. search bar is not working in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar is not working in my laptop: search bar is not working in my laptop after updates on 26/08/2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-is-not-working-in-my-laptop/023e5062-bc7e-4a6c-9447-1d4f00503f99
  8. search bar is not working in my laptop

search bar is not working in my laptop: search bar is not working in my laptop after updates on 26/08/2024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-is-not-working-in-my-laptop/023e5062-bc7e-4a6c-9447-1d4f00503f99
  9. Windows search bar only shows the icons in results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search bar only shows the icons in results: While using my Windows search bar the results only show icons and no words. I have tried restarting my PC and the search bar and there are no available Windows updates. Can anyone help me fix this?...
  10. Windows search bar only shows the icons in results

Windows search bar only shows the icons in results: While using my Windows search bar the results only show icons and no words. I have tried restarting my PC and the search bar and there are no available Windows updates. Can anyone help me fix this?...