Windows 10: Windows search bar only shows the icons in results

Discus and support Windows search bar only shows the icons in results in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; While using my Windows search bar the results only show icons and no words. I have tried restarting my PC and the search bar and there are no available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FosterD16, Aug 24, 2024.

1. FosterD16 Win User

Windows search bar only shows the icons in results

While using my Windows search bar the results only show icons and no words. I have tried restarting my PC and the search bar and there are no available Windows updates. Can anyone help me fix this?

:)

FosterD16, Aug 24, 2024
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 24, 2024
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 24, 2024
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Windows search bar only shows the icons in results 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 24, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows search bar only shows the icons in results - Similar Threads - search bar shows

2. Windows search bar only shows the icons in results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search bar only shows the icons in results: While using my Windows search bar the results only show icons and no words. I have tried restarting my PC and the search bar and there are no available Windows updates. Can anyone help me fix this?...
  3. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  4. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  5. Windows search bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar not showing icons: Ive been having this problem for several weeks now. Ive tried changing the display settings to 125% to 100% still didnt work. Also tried to disable thumbnail previews , still didnt work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance....
  6. Windows Start: Search results showing icons for only some icons

in Cortana
    Windows Start: Search results showing icons for only some icons: I noticed today that when I search for programs on the start menu some icons will show while some will not. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Has anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it? Thanks in advance....
  7. Windows Search Bar shows no result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Search Bar shows no result: my windows search bar shows no result at all, it goes block and shows a white display. Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-shows-no-result/a9f73fd7-1a52-4ea1-a60a-783dc45b8f20
  8. search bar showing bigger result window

in Cortana
    search bar showing bigger result window: [IMG] Usually the results for a search would appear in a smaller less detailed window, would it be possible to go back to this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-showing-bigger-result-window/9c7d83c6-b5d2-4bf9-b5e1-e0009511b9d1"
  9. Windows 10 search bar not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 search bar not showing results: It is probably something easy and I am just being dumb but I couldn't find anything about this. Imgur: The magic of the Internet 123184
  10. Search only shows Web Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search only shows Web Results: When I search for something in the search bar, now I am only getting web results. I am not getting computer related items. For example, if I search for printers, I only get web results about printers. I am not getting anything about the printers I have installed on this...