Windows 10: Windows Photos Trimming not working

Discus and support Windows Photos Trimming not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rene_PY, Oct 23, 2023.

1. Rene_PY Win User

Windows Photos Trimming not working

I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I realize that it was and older version of photos APP because when i was editing the HUD was different it was the white oneNow like 3 or 4 days ago I realized that it updated to the new version of the photos APP, and when I try to trim any video I open the video with Photos them i go to the editor option but when i try to s

:)

Rene_PY, Oct 23, 2023

2. Windows Photos Trimming not working

I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?

[PC Gamer] Perplxxd, Oct 23, 2023
  3. Windows Photos Trimming not working

So i tried everything and eventually 1 of them worked.

Id suggest doing the example above.

But also turn off your windows defender. I switched it off. Reset the computer and was able to start trimming videos again.

If all else fails try the below

try uninstalling and reinstalling the PHOTOS app:

1) Press Windows key + X, select Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2) Copy and paste this command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

3) This will automatically remove Microsoft photos app from your PC.

To reinstall:
    1) Launch Windows Powershell Admin again.
    2) Copy and paste this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

3) This should reinstall the app again.

Unavailable Username 17206, Oct 23, 2023
  4. martin Win User

Photos app - trim a video - error

Hello, I am trying to use the built-in Windows 10 Photos app to trim a video. I have the video playing in the Photos app and click "Trim Video" at the top. I move the sliders to select the start and end points. I click "Save a copy" at top-right. The app says "It looks as though you don't have permissions to save changes to this file. Try saving a copy instead." Having just clicked "Save a copy", I am confused as to why this error message is appearing. I've tried copying the .mp4 to my VIDEOS folder on C: drive with the same result. Some research has suggested to run the Photos app as Administrator, but I can't figure out how to do that. Any suggestions on how to trim a video would be appreciated! Thanks,

martin, Oct 23, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows Photos Trimming not working - Similar Threads - Photos Trimming working

2. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  3. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  4. Windows Photos Trimming not working

Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  5. Trim FPS in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  6. Trim FPS in Photos

Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  7. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?...
  8. Windows Photos Trimming not working

Windows Photos Trimming not working: I have a video I want to trim, When I open photos, and click trim, the trim client opens, and it's all grayed out. When I click anywhere, it instantly crashes the whole app. Any ideas?...
  9. Windows photo closes on trim tool

Windows photo closes on trim tool: The photo app just closes right after I open the trimmer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-closes-on-trim-tool/a1dfddbb-8db5-441e-bf0e-fb57a2681563
  10. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c