Windows 10: Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features?

Discus and support Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Back in the old photo editor for Microsoft Photos, there were two sliders for light and color and the clarity slider to enhance the photo easy, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CAnonymous_167, Sep 19, 2023.

1. Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features?

Back in the old photo editor for Microsoft Photos, there were two sliders for light and color and the clarity slider to enhance the photo easy, and it was pretty much done it for me quick. I was wondering how to enhance the photo now because all I see are a bunch of sliders now. I mainly used the clarity and color slider tool in the old editor because the photos can look more noticeable when seen as a thumbnail type of way. What I mean is I can't bring out the clarity of a photo anymore in a thumbnail environment, and it seems very tedious to manage multiple sliders to find out which works bes

:)

CAnonymous_167, Sep 19, 2023

2. Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 19, 2023
  3. photo editor

What happened to photo editor? A few days ago it had great features and yesterday it turned into something far less functional. Help!! How do I get the old one back??

jennieb123, Sep 19, 2023
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features?

How to get the old version of MS photo editor back?

Hi,

To answer your query, Did you download the photo editor from the Windows Store? What functions and features do you
    want to have for the photo editor? Upon checking our resources here at our end, we won't be able to revert back to the old version of the Microsoft Photo Editor if
    it was already update. We recommend that you submit a feedback regarding on our
    Feedback Hub
    to aware our engineers and developers
    regarding this matter.

In order to submit a new feedback, kindly follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for "Feedback Hub" in
      Cortana search, and then launch the app.

• Navigate to
      Feedback
      in the left menu, and then press
      + Add new feedback.

• Select the
      Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and then choose
      an appropriate category and subcategory.

• Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring(or
      Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring
      when you're done.

• Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click
      Submit.

• Click
      Continue using Feedback Hub.

• Click
      My Feedback
      at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).

• Open the item you submitted, and then click
      Share.

• Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like
      Redirection Tools<unique link>).

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 19, 2023
Thema:

Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features?

1. Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features? - Similar Threads - Photo Editor happened

2. What happened to Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to Video Editor: Hi, My name is George. and I still wonder what happened to video editor on The Windows 10 Photos App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-video-editor/08f2f6bd-b04b-417d-986b-8f35380c02c3
  3. What happened to Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to Video Editor: Hi, My name is George. and I still wonder what happened to video editor on The Windows 10 Photos App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-video-editor/08f2f6bd-b04b-417d-986b-8f35380c02c3
  4. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  5. How to get the old photo editor back?

How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  6. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Editor: What happened to the old features?: Back in the old photo editor for Microsoft Photos, there were two sliders for light and color and the clarity slider to enhance the photo easy, and it was pretty much done it for me quick. I was wondering how to enhance the photo now because all I see are a bunch of sliders...
  8. what happened to photos in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to photos in windows 11: what happened to photos in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-photos-in-windows-11/49bb5001-5754-45cb-8232-7338848c3c2f
  9. what happened to photos in windows 11

what happened to photos in windows 11: what happened to photos in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-photos-in-windows-11/49bb5001-5754-45cb-8232-7338848c3c2f
  10. Is there a Photo Tag Editor that has this specific feature?

Is there a Photo Tag Editor that has this specific feature?: I'm organizing all my photos right now. I have one folder where the "Date" column is correct with the date/time the photo was taken. Most of my images have the "Date taken" info correct to but some of them are blank. I need to fill this in because once all my photos are...