Windows 10: Windows Photo App does not work without onedrive?

Discus and support Windows Photo App does not work without onedrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI I just want to view photos that are in my pictures folder. Some are from iCloud sync. The windows app does a terrible job of this, putting all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GarethIrwin1, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Windows Photo App does not work without onedrive?

HI I just want to view photos that are in my pictures folder. Some are from iCloud sync.

The windows app does a terrible job of this, putting all videos at the top I dont even want videos in there! and everything out of order. I noted it was signed into a onedrive that I do not want signed in, so I signed out, when I did this no photos at all! Further more it refuses to work, it wont show those pictures already in the pictures folder. The only way to do it, is manually import them.

Why are microsoft apps so terrible?

:)

GarethIrwin1, Mar 7, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 7, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Windows Photo App does not work without onedrive?

Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows Photo App does not work without onedrive?

1. Windows Photo App does not work without onedrive? - Similar Threads - Photo App does

2. Legacy Photos app doesn't work without Photos installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Legacy Photos app doesn't work without Photos installed: I am on a recently freshly installed copy of Windows 10 Pro. From within the Photos app, I used the button within settings to go to the Store download page for Photos Legacy and installed it. I uninstall Photos and attempt to launch Photos Legacy and I am met with an error...
  3. my onedrive app does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my onedrive app does not work.: It said not signed in at the bottom right-hand corner of my laptop. I tried to click on it to sign in, no response. Finally, I tried to uninstall, but did not uninstall. I tried to install and downloaded onedrivesetup.exe. When I clicked on the exe file, nothing happens....
  4. my onedrive app does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my onedrive app does not work.: It said not signed in at the bottom right-hand corner of my laptop. I tried to click on it to sign in, no response. Finally, I tried to uninstall, but did not uninstall. I tried to install and downloaded onedrivesetup.exe. When I clicked on the exe file, nothing happens....
  5. Photos app does not work on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not work on Windows 10.: Photos app does not work on Dell PC Windows 10. Even after uninstalling and installing again, and restarting. Photo opens for a few seconds - then goes black and closes, along with the file explorer window. It just started today. Please advise....
  6. Photos app does not work on Windows 10.

Photos app does not work on Windows 10.: Photos app does not work on Dell PC Windows 10. Even after uninstalling and installing again, and restarting. Photo opens for a few seconds - then goes black and closes, along with the file explorer window. It just started today. Please advise....
  7. Photos App Does Not Work With Photos sic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Does Not Work With Photos sic: Dear Windows, I am writing to express my utter frustration with your photos app. For years, I have been suffering from a bug that flips my raw images vertical ones whenever I try to view them. This is very annoying and inconvenient, especially when I want to show off my...
  8. Photos App Does Not Work With Photos sic

Photos App Does Not Work With Photos sic: Dear Windows, I am writing to express my utter frustration with your photos app. For years, I have been suffering from a bug that flips my raw images vertical ones whenever I try to view them. This is very annoying and inconvenient, especially when I want to show off my...
  9. Photos App does not work.

Photos App does not work.: Start Settings Apps MicrosoftPhotos AdvancedOptions Reset Repair Correctedthe problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-does-not-work/780c922d-cc18-4f96-a08a-07d8ac7b9b9d
  10. photo app does not work

photo app does not work: I can't download pictures, Photo app does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-does-not-work/0163b3ba-b708-4036-908c-8929b9e93397