Windows 10: windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile

Discus and support windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently had changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ethany523, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Ethany523 Win User

windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile

I've recently had changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifileft is my pc and the right is my mobile phone, they are both on the same network

:)

Ethany523, Dec 13, 2023

2. Wifi speed considerable slower compared to ethernet

Hi,

the only thing that has changed is the position of the PC while the components of the PC have remained the same as before.

Very thick walls or floors are a barrier to the WiFi signal resulting in slower speeds and ping spikes. The WiFi connection works quite well when the router and wireless devices are located on the same floor of the house.

franco d'esaro, Dec 13, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 13, 2023
  4. Burnsie Win User

WiFi much slower on my windows 10 pc

Thanks..I'm a bit of a nooob, but surely if it's a channel thing, wouldn't it affect all devices not just my PC?

Burnsie, Dec 13, 2023
Thema:

1. windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile - Similar Threads - wifi speed significanly

2. Wifi is slower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is slower than before: Hi, Built a new pc with a ASUS b550m-a wifi II and the wifi is slower than what was on my previous laptop in the same place.Got the realtek driver from the ASUS site 32 bit.Starlink wifi.My download speed has been about half on my new pc then what it's been on my laptop.I...
  3. Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi speed slower on pc than on Iphone.: I build my own pc a few months ago and everything worked fine, but about a month ago it started to slow down. I have 250 Mbits/s on my phone and on almost every other device in my house, but i reach only between 10-60 Mbits/s on my pc. I did speed tests at the same distance...
  4. windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile: I've recently had changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifileft is my pc and...
  5. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  6. slower than expected download speeds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slower than expected download speeds.: I have a 10Mbps ADSL internet connection. but even no matter the machine, no matter the app, my download rates seem to be capped at around 600kB/s. if i am doing my calculations right, I should be maxing out at least some of the time at 1250kB/s but this never occurs. The...
  7. phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's

phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's: My iphone 11 connected to my PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than my PC's internet speed. I get about 900Mbps on my pc which is connected via ethernet, and i use it to mobile hotspot my phone, which only reaches about 70Mbps when connected to said...
  8. Download speed slower than upload speed

Download speed slower than upload speed: My Windows 10 desktop has slower download speeds 10Mbps compared to upload speeds 30Mbps. On other devices connecting to the same router, I can get download speeds of 90+MBps on our 100/40 plan. This is true whether I connect with ethernet or wifi. I have changed the...
  9. Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi

Ethernet internet speed slower than Wifi: I will try to fix my wired internet speed that is 6 times slower than my wifi speed! My internet speed is only 80 Mbps whereas * laptop windows 10 * a realtek card PCIe GbE Family Controller #8168E, Maximum speed download/upload 1000 Mbps/1000 Mbps, latest driver (10.36 -...
  10. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...