Windows 10: Windows not recognising USB charger.

Discus and support Windows not recognising USB charger. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had to start using a new charger since my other one had frayed. In the past, my old charger had done this before and Windows didn't recognise it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XxAddictedGamer525xX, Oct 4, 2024.

1. Windows not recognising USB charger.

I've had to start using a new charger since my other one had frayed. In the past, my old charger had done this before and Windows didn't recognise it. I somehow managed to stop this through some sheer luck, but that was years ago.This new charger was the exact same brand as my old charger, but now the "Windows doesn't recognise this device" is back.Basically, I'd plug it in and the disconnect sound would play. But then when I would unplug it, the connect sound would play followed by the popup.I'd go into the device manager, and the unknown device thing only shows when I've already unplugged th

:)

XxAddictedGamer525xX, Oct 4, 2024

2. usb ports not recognising devices

Hi, for some reason all my usb ports have stopped recognising devices. The USB ports will still provide power, ie, I can charge my iphone but they wont recognise anything else. mouse, keyboard, docking station etc.

I have tried.

1. updating drivers
    2. unisnatlling and reinstalling drivers
    3. adjusting power settings

Nothing seems to work, any suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers

Rob

Rob Williams (rob), Oct 4, 2024
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 4, 2024
  4. J.R5 Win User

Windows not recognising USB charger.

USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP ( It is recognising Xbox one controller and phone charger)

Thanks for the reply, It is much appreciated.

• I tried Safe boot (no luck)
    • All updates are fine.

All devices work in the second port. It just seems to be that 1 port that only recognises the xbox box controller and phone.

It just wont pick up mouse or keyboard. I'm going to try and see if any external drives will be picked up.

I could just buy USB splitter for the port that's recognising everything , but the problems really racking my brains.

I know that if it was a USB hardware issue , nothing wold be getting picked up at all.

The keyboard worked in the port for a day then just stopped recognising it.

J.R5, Oct 4, 2024
Thema:

Windows not recognising USB charger.

1. Windows not recognising USB charger. - Similar Threads - recognising USB charger

2. Windows not recognising USB charger.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognising USB charger.: I've had to start using a new charger since my other one had frayed. In the past, my old charger had done this before and Windows didn't recognise it. I somehow managed to stop this through some sheer luck, but that was years ago.This new charger was the exact same brand as...
  3. Windows not recognising USB charger.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not recognising USB charger.: I've had to start using a new charger since my other one had frayed. In the past, my old charger had done this before and Windows didn't recognise it. I somehow managed to stop this through some sheer luck, but that was years ago.This new charger was the exact same brand as...
  4. Computer doesn't recognise phone charger

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't recognise phone charger: I am trying to USB tether my phones data connection to the PC as it is usually quicker than a hotspot and doesn't cause it to heat up as much. However when connected it will just say "USB device is not recognised". I have already tried uninstalling and rebooting but the same...
  5. Computer doesn't recognise phone charger

Computer doesn't recognise phone charger: I am trying to USB tether my phones data connection to the PC as it is usually quicker than a hotspot and doesn't cause it to heat up as much. However when connected it will just say "USB device is not recognised". I have already tried uninstalling and rebooting but the same...
  6. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  7. USB not recognised

USB not recognised: I hope someone can help me please. I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home. I backup data with EaseUS Home to a WD Ultra Passport. When I plug in Passport to backup USB "F" the backup disc is there but drive "F" has a question mark against it. I have checked the USB function...
  8. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. USB not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...
  10. USB not recognised

USB not recognised: I have a Cruzer Blade 32Gb memory stick. It is recognised and works on a Windows 10 computer but not a Windows 11 one.I have tried all the usual fixes, but it still does not appear on explorer. Fixes tried: Different port, Selective Suspend Disabled, Power Management USB Root...