Windows 10: Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic

Discus and support Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After pairing a set of bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it has stopped recognizing the built-in mic in the computer, or any other microphone I plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GageM125, Dec 28, 2021.

1. GageM125 Win User

Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic

After pairing a set of bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it has stopped recognizing the built-in mic in the computer, or any other microphone I plug into the audio jack. This issue persists even when I unpair the bluetooth device, or turn off bluetooth entirely.

:)

GageM125, Dec 28, 2021

2. Bluetooth headset mic does not work with newly built PC

Recently built a PC with ASRock B550 ITX/ac motherboard. I am using a wireless bluetooth headphones (similar to airpods).

The sound is great, however, I am unable to record anything through the built-in mic.

System: Windows 10

Problem: Connect a bluetooth headset to the PC; The sound works; the mic doesn't work seemingly

Things I have tried:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek sound drivers
    2. uninstalling and reinstalling bluetooth drivers
    3. Using the same headphones on a laptop - both sound and mic work as expected
    4. Using another pair of bluetooth headphones on my desktop PC - same issue persists
    Above are the main solutions I was able to find online, however, if anyone here has other suggestions, that would be great!

Thanks!

MastermindRT, Dec 28, 2021
  3. Why has bluetooth mic stopped working.

My Bluetooth mic has stopped working on my Windows 10 phone. The sound is connected OK but the mic won't work. I've tried resetting everything, disconnecting/reconnecting, rebooting but nothing seems to help. The windows phone uses its internal mic and
    ignores the Bluetooth mic. Anyone any suggestions?

StephenHurrell, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic

Problem with built-in mic

I upgraded a system on my Kiano tablet but the built-in mic is not recognized. I tried all the methods I could find to make the mic work but the only one that works is using Bluetooth

Cory Jenkins1, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic

1. Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic - Similar Threads - Laptop stopped recognizing

2. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  3. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  4. Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic: After pairing a set of bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it has stopped recognizing the built-in mic in the computer, or any other microphone I plug into the audio jack. This issue persists even when I unpair the bluetooth device, or turn off bluetooth entirely....
  5. Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Laptop stopped recognizing built-in mic after connecting Bluetooth mic: After pairing a set of bluetooth headphones to my laptop, it has stopped recognizing the built-in mic in the computer, or any other microphone I plug into the audio jack. This issue persists even when I unpair the bluetooth device, or turn off bluetooth entirely....
  6. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  7. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  8. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  9. Headset mic not recognized by laptop.

Headset mic not recognized by laptop.: I use an Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset to use the mic I need to use the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5mm male. My laptop only has one 3.5mm jack so I bought a dual 3.5mm female to 3.5mm male. I connected my headset to the 3.5mm female to dual 3.5 mm male then I connected the two male...
  10. Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic: My laptop is not using my headphone mic. This used to not be a problem, but now it is and it's fairly annoying. I have gone into Control Panel to manually select the headphone mic, however only two mic options appear "Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio" & "Microphone...