Windows 10: Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English

Discus and support Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows Specifications From: System -> AboutEdition:Windows 11 ProVersion:21H2Installed on:11/‎19/‎2021OS build:22000.376Experience:Windows Feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bjørn-Tore Mediaa, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English

Windows Specifications From: System -> AboutEdition:Windows 11 ProVersion:21H2Installed on:11/‎19/‎2021OS build:22000.376Experience:Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0Problem Description:Windows won't let me remove American English keyboard profile, while display language also being American English. The preferred keyboard layout to use is Norwegian, with English display language.I've experience this problem on at least Windows 10 and Windows 11, maybe Windows 8.1 as well, can't recall. I know for sure I didn't have this problem on any version if Windows prior to and includ

:)

Bjørn-Tore Mediaa, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 11, 2022
  3. Lekden Win User
    Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Jan 11, 2022
  4. MrIndeed Win User

Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English

How to remove English (United States) United Kingdom Keyboard

Hi,

No United States listed.

Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English [​IMG]

MrIndeed, Jan 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English

1. Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English - Similar Threads - Keyboard Layout Letting

2. Keyboard layout shows two english layouts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout shows two english layouts randomly: My keyboard layout sometimes showing two english layouts hong kong sar and united states. It happened randomly during startup without performing any task. Sometimes it only showed one layout. My language pack has japanese and chinese. My window display language is...
  3. Keyboard layout shows two english layouts randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout shows two english layouts randomly: My keyboard layout sometimes showing two english layouts hong kong sar and united states. It happened randomly during startup without performing any task. Sometimes it only showed one layout. My language pack has japanese and chinese. My window display language is...
  4. remove keyboard layout

remove keyboard layout: How do I remove English keyboard layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-keyboard-layout/4ad2eaaa-75a6-4ed3-86be-533ae5710e3b
  5. Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English

Windows Keyboard Layout - Not Letting Me Remove American English: Windows Specifications From: System -> AboutEdition:Windows 11 ProVersion:21H2Installed on:11/‎19/‎2021OS build:22000.376Experience:Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.376.0Problem Description:Windows won't let me remove American English keyboard profile, while display...
  6. Remove International English Layout from layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove International English Layout from layouts: Hello. I know it's been asked multiple times, but in my case I don't have the international English layout in layouts. I, instead, have a Russian and a English US layouts: [ATTACH] While I have this at the selections of layouts: [ATTACH] How do I remove it? I need the...
  7. Windows don't let me choose the keyboard layout...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows don't let me choose the keyboard layout...: I have a AZERTY keyboard but Windows choose a "french traditional layout" that are in QWERTY and not the regular french, If I add the regular french it auto remove at start and the traditional is not show in the list of layout so I cannot delete it... (Yes I'm very bad at...
  8. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  9. Keyboard layout keep changing to American QWERTY

Keyboard layout keep changing to American QWERTY: My keyboard has a German layout. That's how it should be. Windows however keeps changing, since I reset my PC, the layout to American QWERTY instead of the standard German QWERTZ layout. I set Windows up knowing that I want to use the German layout. It's the only layout...
  10. England English/American English keyboard

England English/American English keyboard: why won't my keyboard stay on England English, every time I switch on the PC, the keyboard is American English, and I have to change it each time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/england-englishamerican-english-keyboard/a4e9292c-9c7c-42bd-a2ff-d17f0f31acab