Windows 10: Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.

Discus and support Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows has crashed 3 days in a row when playing certain games, I've run a couple of games like AOE 2 and Trepang 2 with no problems but some games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cool Joel, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Cool Joel Win User

Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.

Windows has crashed 3 days in a row when playing certain games, I've run a couple of games like AOE 2 and Trepang 2 with no problems but some games like Helldivers 2 and Deathloop cause my desktop to freeze and BSOD. This is the error code I keep getting:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e 0x0000000000000002, 0x000000000063a15b, 0x000000000103deff, 0x0000000000000001. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 8ce4269a-554a-4

:)

Cool Joel, Apr 25, 2024
  2. grunt_408 Win User

crashes in certain games

Are they just random crashes? Or do they most commonly occur 5 minutes into playing a certain game?

grunt_408, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Pc keeps crashing while playing games

Hi,

Having incomplete Windows update is one of the possible reasons why your pc games keeps crashing when playing after you reinstalled the Windows 10. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Download all the critical updates for Windows 10. Kindly refer to the link below and follow the step provided on the link.

Windows 10 Update Assistant

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 25, 2024
  4. Arlac2 Win User

Crashing when playing certain games.

Just going through things step by step to make sure I've done them all.
    Entered powercfg -h off, but there wasn't any confirmation etc so unsure if this worked.

Other conversations led me to believe that it was a RAM issue, so I have since upgraded my RAM but the issues persist. I've also tried changing ram slots, loading only one ram stick etc as suggested in previous posts.

This should be the link for the LOGS folder

This should be the link to the WHEA folder.

At the time I had not been overclocking, but the problem persists whether I'm overclocked or not - so currently running with A-XMP profile 1 enabled (msi b450 gaming plus max mobo). I also currently have "precision boost overdrive" enabled, but didn't at the time of crashes.

My main issue now is severe stuttering in games (not the game alone, but the entire pc itself freezes for a split second.) If this is no longer a suitable forum for my topic please let me know and I can move it!

Arlac2, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games. - Similar Threads - keeps crashing playing

2. Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps crashing when playing certain games.: Windows has crashed 3 days in a row when playing certain games, I've run a couple of games like AOE 2 and Trepang 2 with no problems but some games like Helldivers 2 and Deathloop cause my desktop to freeze and BSOD. This is the error code I keep getting:The computer has...
  3. My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.: I have been having this problem for 2 years now. Whenever I play some games my pc freezes, stutters and shuts down. When I look at the event viewer there are the same problems. Kernel-power and DistributedCOM. I have tried reinstalling GPU drivers, updating bios, setting my...
  4. My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.: I have been having this problem for 2 years now. Whenever I play some games my pc freezes, stutters and shuts down. When I look at the event viewer there are the same problems. Kernel-power and DistributedCOM. I have tried reinstalling GPU drivers, updating bios, setting my...
  5. My computer keeps crashing usually when playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My computer crashes when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes when playing certain games: Hi!When i play certain games Tails of Iron, Yakuza 0, The Division 2, etc. after a set amount of time tends to fall between 10 and 30 minutes after launching the game all screens go to black, 1 point of the sound plays continuously for about a second and my computer...
  7. Computer crashes when playing certain games

Computer crashes when playing certain games: My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other troubleshooting methods on this website. I've tried contacting support, but Microsoft doesn't have online chats and the phone...
  8. Crashing when playing certain games.

Crashing when playing certain games.: Hi all, Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong section, as I'm not entirely sure what sort of crash I'm having. This PC was my first custom build, first assembled in March 2020. I've noticed since then that I'll frequently crash while playing games - with Modern...
  9. Keep crashing when playing games

Keep crashing when playing games: Hi! I've just built a new pc, but unfortunately it keeps crashing 5-10 minutes into games. I've tested both my CPU and GPU with stress-tests and benchmarks, with no problems at all.. Can you help enlighten me? :) Hardware issue: Kilde Windows Oversigt Hardwarefejl...
  10. Crashing only when playing certain games.

Crashing only when playing certain games.: So I get those crashes where my screen freezes and then goes dark ( lost signal). It happens at random with Blade and Soul , and happens every 5 minutes with World of Warcraft. This started like 2 months ago ( only found this forum today , thanks for that) , before that...