Windows 10: Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch"

Discus and support Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch" but when I try to open it with FreeFileSync or Notepad it says the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ron Besdansky, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch"

Windows 10 keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch" but when I try to open it with FreeFileSync or Notepad it says the file doesn't exist. There seems to be a rouge autorun program running somewhere but I can't find it. I've rebooted the PC. I've looked in all the places an autorun program could be - I press the Start Key, press R and type shell startup but the two items listed there can't be causing this issue. I can't find anything in Task Manager so I'm at a loss as to what to do. It's very annoying.Thanks in advance

:)

Ron Besdansky, Jun 19, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2024
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch"

Scripting error using Batchrun + XXCopy

Could you kindly give me an example? In batchrun I have the path set to the bat files I want to run. So a typical brs file may appear like this in the batchrun editor:

Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch" 273738d1586458044t-scripting-error-using-batchrun-xxcopy-brs.jpg

What do you mean about setting the exe path? Which exe - to XXCopy.exe you mean?

The above works in Windows 7.

Many thanks.

martinlest, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch"

1. Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch" - Similar Threads - keeps asking open

2. Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch": Windows 10 keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch" but when I try to open it with FreeFileSync or Notepad it says the file doesn't exist. There seems to be a rouge autorun program running somewhere but I can't find it. I've rebooted the PC. I've...
  3. Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch": Windows 10 keeps asking "How do you want to open this file BatchRun.ffs_batch" but when I try to open it with FreeFileSync or Notepad it says the file doesn't exist. There seems to be a rouge autorun program running somewhere but I can't find it. I've rebooted the PC. I've...
  4. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?": Hi,I have used many computers with Windows 10 professional and NEVER I have been in the following annoying situation, with the last new pc.Even though the default programs are all set, every short while when I launch a file I get the question like in figure. Even after...
  5. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?": Hi,I have used many computers with Windows 10 professional and NEVER I have been in the following annoying situation, with the last new pc.Even though the default programs are all set, every short while when I launch a file I get the question like in figure. Even after...
  6. Windows 10 asks repeatedly "How do you want to open this file?"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 - Do you want to keep using this app & How do you want to open this file

Windows 11 - Do you want to keep using this app & How do you want to open this file: Every few weeks, "Do you want to keep using this app & How do you want to open this file" when opening files on my computers. This occurs across every Windows 11 computer I have at home 3 and every Windows 10 and 11 computer in my office. I've tried resetting the default...
  8. Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image

Keeps asking "How do you want to open this file" when opening an image: This problem happen after April 2018 Update After I check "Always use this app to open .jpg files" and click OK.The same dialog box pops again and again This phenomena will only appear when I try to open any image files from applications: Thunderbird and uTorrent ***But...
  9. Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?'

Skype Keeps asking 'How do you want to open this file?': Every time I go to open a pic from Skype IM it asks me what app to open the file with. The problem there is no check box in the list of apps to say always use this app, so it asks every single time. Gets annoying after the first time. *Smile 21529
  10. Stop asking How do you want to open this file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop asking How do you want to open this file: This happens a lot. I double-click a file to open and a popup windows appears asking How do you want to open this file? It already has the program associated with it highlighted, but I still have to check the box to Always use this program and then click OK. These are...