Windows 10: Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart.

Discus and support Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc is asking me to update on restart but every time I click it it just restarts my computer rather than applying the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Benjamin Sloan, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:12 AM.

1. Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart.

My pc is asking me to update on restart but every time I click it it just restarts my computer rather than applying the update.

:)

Benjamin Sloan, Oct 19, 2024 at 9:12 AM
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. equoox Win User

Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart.

2019-04 Cumulative Update KB4495667 stuck in restart to finish

My Pc runs Windows 10 Home 64 Bit v 1809

I noticed that Windows Update has had indigestion with the latest Cumulative Update (2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v 1809 for x 64 bases systems KB4495667) which is stuck Requiring a restart to finish installing.

I have restarted several times with no luck.

Have also run the Trouble Shooter which could not identify the problem.

I then checked for updates in case it would offer it again, but all that was listed was 2019-02 Cumulative Update for NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 KB4486553 which has Successfully installed.

KB4495667 still refusing to do so.

Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart. 1556967822t-2019-04-cumulative-update-kb4495667-stuck-restart-finish-windows-update-re-kb4495667.jpg

I have downloaded it from from the Windows Update Catalogue ... file windows10.0-kb4495667-x64_a0713c961b994da102ee4a300d2f571ec567af20.msu

What is the safest thing to do now, do I just double click to install it?

I am no computer expert so will need easy to follow steps.

Thema:

Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart.

1. Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart. - Similar Threads - stuck asking computer

2. Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is stuck asking my computer to update on restart but not updating on restart.: My pc is asking me to update on restart but every time I click it it just restarts my computer rather than applying the update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-stuck-asking-my-computer-to-update-on/ab3b32b1-db1c-4b42-a9e5-76eed519ed51
  3. Windows stuck in updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in updating and restarting: My laptop has been stuck in “getting Windows ready” mode and then restarting over and over and over again for 12 hours. I’m trying to get out of this updating loop nightmare, but…The second problem is that after I pressed the Win + I keys to uninstall recent updates/get into...
  4. Windows stuck in updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in updating and restarting: My laptop has been stuck in “getting Windows ready” mode and then restarting over and over and over again for 12 hours. I’m trying to get out of this updating loop nightmare, but…The second problem is that after I pressed the Win + I keys to uninstall recent updates/get into...
  5. Windows stuck in updating and restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Update stuck at “Restarting”??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update stuck at “Restarting”??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StarFruit2001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyy9e6/update_stuck_at_restarting/
  7. Windows, stuck on restart to update

Windows, stuck on restart to update: So basically my PC wants me to restart to update Windows for whatever reason, i go to do it and it restarts and boots up but its still asks me to update it as if that restart did nothing. What make this an issue is that it asks me every single hour to restart to update it,...
  8. windows update stuck at restarting

windows update stuck at restarting: Hi there, I am running on windows 10 2004 which I upgraded from 1909 to 2004 Sunday 29/09/2020 night Today when I go to settings page and checked for update the "October 1, 2020-KB4576945 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 2004...
  9. Windows update stuck restarting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck restarting?: Every time I download the update and restart the laptop to install it’ll get to 50%ish then restart. Except it won’t turn back on during that restart like normal. So I wait a while and click the power button. It turns on and try’s to recover installation only to undone...
  10. Computer stuck in restarting after update

Computer stuck in restarting after update: after updating my computer it did a restart and it has been stuck since that and wouldn’t stop. my computer is Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-81KB and using Windows 10 Pro...