Windows 10: Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version

Discus and support Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I found that sometimes windows Wi-Fi is not able to connect to the WIFI and error comes as "Can't connect to this network"OBSERVATION: Sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ashutosh_Pandey_Eaton, Oct 17, 2024 at 2:17 AM.

1. Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version

I found that sometimes windows Wi-Fi is not able to connect to the WIFI and error comes as "Can't connect to this network"OBSERVATION: Sometimes windows is not able to connect with the Wi-Fi when windows driver version is below 22:240.0.7.Example: I have checked with windows driver version 22.110.1.1 and 22.40.0.7 with [IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz ] and issue occurs on these versions.Windows Wi-Fi is able to connect to the WIFI AP every time with the windows driver version 22:240.0.7 and above.NOTE: 1.When WPA3 is used then only the issue is observed and not with WPA2.2. I have check on wind

:)

Ashutosh_Pandey_Eaton, Oct 17, 2024 at 2:17 AM
  2. Aravind_G Win User

Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

I have been contacting Microsoft Support for the past 2 days to find a solution for this issue. But no one seems to know a fix. Hence I am forced to post this question, even though I know there have been similar posts earlier.

I am unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in my windows 10 pc. I am able to connect to that network with devices using other OS (like Android). I am able to connect to other Wi-Fi networks in my pc as well.

Please note that I am unable to connect to this specific Wi-Fi network in my windows phone as well, which runs on Windows Phone 8.1.

I have tried updating the adapter driver and used the windows troubleshoot. Both did not find any issue.

Attaching below the screenshot of the error I see when trying to connect to the network.

Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version 20e0af2a-9df0-49c7-945a-6d39f49c49f4.jpg

Update:

I received a response from one of the Support executives with 3 suggestions, and none of them fixed the issue.

Adding them here for reference.

Method 1: Run network troubleshooter.

Method 2: Configuring DNS server address:

Network and Sharing Center --> Change Adapter Settings --> Click the Wi-Fi connection you want to configure.

Could not proceed with this step as the specific Wifi network does not exist in the list

Method 3: Try resetting TCP/IP and check if it works.

On Command Prompt (admin) and Reboot the computer.

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

3. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Oct 17, 2024 at 2:20 AM
  4. Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version

Windows regularly loses Wi-Fi connection then freezes

Hi,

To help you with your WiFi concern, we would like to know if you have made some changes to your computer prior to the issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

If you haven't done so yet, we suggest that you check on the steps provided on the links below:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Thema:

Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version

1. Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version - Similar Threads - able connect WIFI

2. Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version: I found that sometimes windows Wi-Fi is not able to connect to the WIFI and error comes as "Can't connect to this network"OBSERVATION: Sometimes windows is not able to connect with the Wi-Fi when windows driver version is below 22:240.0.7.Example: I have checked with windows...
  3. Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows is not able to connect with WIFI AP - with specific windows Wi-Fi driver version: I found that sometimes windows Wi-Fi is not able to connect to the WIFI and error comes as "Can't connect to this network"OBSERVATION: Sometimes windows is not able to connect with the Wi-Fi when windows driver version is below 22:240.0.7.Example: I have checked with windows...
  4. One specific wi-fi connections has disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One specific wi-fi connections has disappeared?: Hi all,I have a problem with my home desktop. Yesterday I was on my home wi-fi, and it suddenly disconnected me from it. After I had tried rejoining I turned the wi-fi off, and then back on and now the connection has completely disappeared. I cannot find it on the active...
  5. One specific wi-fi connections has disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One specific wi-fi connections has disappeared?: Hi all,I have a problem with my home desktop. Yesterday I was on my home wi-fi, and it suddenly disconnected me from it. After I had tried rejoining I turned the wi-fi off, and then back on and now the connection has completely disappeared. I cannot find it on the active...
  6. One specific wi-fi connections has disappeared?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP

Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP: My colleagues and I have a Linux single board computer used as a controller on a new product design. The sbc is running a simple access point.* I can connect to it with older Windows 10 PCs, Linux PCs, Android Phones, iPad basically everything else I've tried* I can't...
  8. Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10

Unable to connect to a specific Wi-Fi network in Windows 10: Hello there, I have just built myself a Desktop PC and have installed a Wi-Fi adapter in it. I am facing sometrouble in connecting PC to my home broadband network. I have several times restarted my system as well as my Wi-Fi router but it just displays a message, "Can't...
  9. Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does not connect to a multi-AP Wi-Fi network: I have a network in which there are several APs with the same ssid and password and cannot connect. Show that the password is incorrect. submitted by /u/castillofranco [link] [comments]...
  10. Can't connect to one specific Wi-Fi network...

Can't connect to one specific Wi-Fi network...: Xiaomi Laptop Pro 2019. Then I boot a laptop, it can't connect to my home wi-fi. Troubleshooting resets the profile as it says and it works!... For 15 seconds. Turning off-on adapter in device manager - same result. Same as rebooting my router. Is there any way to make it...