Windows 10: Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD

Discus and support Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows installer isn't recognizing my ssd drive. I have tried installing SO many drivers and it still isn't recognizing it. sata cable is good and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elijah Slagle, Oct 22, 2024 at 12:52 AM.

1. Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD

Windows installer isn't recognizing my ssd drive. I have tried installing SO many drivers and it still isn't recognizing it. sata cable is good and everything is physically connected properly. Is there a fix I dont know about? Here's my parts list:Cpu - AMD FX-8350 4.00GHz Black Edition Desktop CPUBoard - GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD MotherboardCooling- amd cpu coolerRam - 2x 8gb vengeance512 gb teamgroup sata 3 ssdGpu- asus dual oc rx 580 8gbCorsair cx600 Power supply

:)

Elijah Slagle, Oct 22, 2024 at 12:52 AM
  2. rhughes Win User

Install Windows 10 on SATA SSD

My SSD isn't getting recognized by the Windows 10 installer.

I'm installing from a USB using the official installation creator.

Here are the steps I've already taken:

1) Used DISKPART to clean and create a NTFS partition on the drive. It is listed when using SHIFT+F10 -> LIST DISK. The partition has been set to ACTIVE.

2) Downloaded a load of drivers from the motherboard's website and browsed and tried those when asked. After I click the next button is just says no drivers were found, and the cycle continues.

3) Tried various USB ports for the installer.

4) Set the SSD to both SATA and IDE modes in the BIOS.

My motherboard is an ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0.

As I try other methods I think of/try I'll update this question.

3. Wilian M. Win User
    SATA SSD and M.2 SSD

i was with a ssd sata and now i have ssd m.2, i formatted and put windows 11 in m.2, but i did not remove the ssd sata, i can only boot windows with the ssd sata connected, if i remove it windows does not boot to m.2

obs: windows was installed on m.2 but the ssd sata was still connected, but windows was 100% installed on m.2, is there any way I can set m.2 as primary? (when i removed the ssd sata it did not recognize windows)

Sorry for my bad English

imgur.com

4. Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD

sata ssd

I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do?

Thema:

Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD

1. Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD - Similar Threads - Installer Recognizing Sata

2. Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD: Windows installer isn't recognizing my ssd drive. I have tried installing SO many drivers and it still isn't recognizing it. sata cable is good and everything is physically connected properly. Is there a fix I dont know about? Here's my parts list:Cpu - AMD FX-8350 4.00GHz...
  3. Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer Not Recognizing Sata 3 SSD: Windows installer isn't recognizing my ssd drive. I have tried installing SO many drivers and it still isn't recognizing it. sata cable is good and everything is physically connected properly. Is there a fix I dont know about? Here's my parts list:Cpu - AMD FX-8350 4.00GHz...
  4. Newly bought SATA SSD not recognized by Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly bought SATA SSD not recognized by Windows: At first I thought I got a DOA SSD (Samsung 860 EVO SATA3) because I tried to plug it to a HDD caddy to transfer files. It would not be recognized by Windows 10 Then I connected it to a PC with SATA cable, installed Windows 10 on it, and now it is recognized by Windows 10...
  5. sata ssd

sata ssd: I installed a sata 6 internal ssd and my cpu is not recognizing the drive what must I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sata-ssd/5c8a216f-bfe8-46f4-804a-745e44997e32
  6. sata power and sata 3

sata power and sata 3: i looked on amazon and i couldn't find a good sata 3 to usb 3 and a sata power that would fit with the sata 3. Does anybody have a link to what im looking for? Sata 3 2.5 inches. https://imgur.com/5DFguai...
  7. Can a NVMe SSD simply replace a SATA 3?

Can a NVMe SSD simply replace a SATA 3?: 4 months out of warranty, the SSD in my Lenovo Yoga 920 died. I was going to replace it with another 80mm SATA 3 SSD but just discovered NVMe SSDs. I'm wondering whether I can use one of these or whether in fact some devices do or don't have NVMe support. 138101
  8. Sata ssd

Sata ssd: What is the difference between SATAI,II,and III? I want to buy one from EBay. Its a Seagate SATA I for only $11.00 160gb don't need much more than that. Just enough to hold small docs and for surfing. 102827
  9. No SSD boot from external SATA 3 controller

No SSD boot from external SATA 3 controller: Hello, Nice place here *Smile My problem is as follows: I have a flawless AHCI installation of Windows 10 Home on Samsung 850 EVO SSD plugged to SATA 2 native port/controller at my motherboard Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H (GeForce 9400 chipset, F4 BIOS). Everything works just...
  10. NVMe vs Sata 3 SSD Performance Comparison

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NVMe vs Sata 3 SSD Performance Comparison: Today I got the Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb NVMe drive. Previously I was using the Samsung 850 Pro 512GB drive. The two screenshots below show the difference between Sata 3 based SSD and an NVMe one. [img] [img] So for those of you who are thinking about getting one...