Windows 10: Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

Discus and support Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShaunBlagdon, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e. the C: drive is the hard drive and D: the SSD. Windows is installed on the C: hard drive and therefore the machine runs slower.Can you anybody guide me how to fix this issue, please?Many thanks in advance, Shaun

:)

ShaunBlagdon, Jan 6, 2022
  2. little cat, Jan 6, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Installed on hard drive instead of SSD

I just upgraded my laptop to Windows 10. It has a hard drive (~ 1 TB) and an SSD (~ 25 GB). Previously, Windows 8 was installed on the SSD. When I upgraded, I did not see an option to choose which drive to install Windows to. It did it on the hard drive.
    Obviously I want it on the SSD. Any idea how to move it over OR reinstall with the option to choose which drive?

Thanks.

Andrew Mazar, Jan 6, 2022
  4. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

Problems installing new hard drive

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

1. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD - Similar Threads - installed hard drive

2. Booting Up on New SSD Instead of Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Up on New SSD Instead of Old Hard Drive: Hi,I've installed a new Samsung SSD into my laptop. The hard-drive that came with the laptop is still in the computer AND it's still acting as the boot and operating drive whenever I use the laptop.I've cloned my Windows10 and everything else on my hard-drive over to the SSD....
  3. Booting Up on New SSD Instead of Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting Up on New SSD Instead of Old Hard Drive: Hi,I've installed a new Samsung SSD into my laptop. The hard-drive that came with the laptop is still in the computer AND it's still acting as the boot and operating drive whenever I use the laptop.I've cloned my Windows10 and everything else on my hard-drive over to the SSD....
  4. Booting Up on New SSD Instead of Old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. hard drive/ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive/ssd: why do hard drive/ssd die https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drivessd/386ba5f0-2726-4c8e-a7a5-286c626dd32a
  6. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  7. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  8. How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to install applications on the hard drive instead of the SSD drive?: I actually have the answer to this. It doesn't have to be that hard. All of the stuff that the advisor told people to do is ridiculous. There are two methods.1 Go to Settings/System/Storage/Change where new content is saved. Here you can choose what types of files saved to...
  9. Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD

Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD: Hi I've spent the last few hours trying to work out what is going on here: maybe someone can help? I've got a brand new Kingston SSD and trying to get Windows install on it my old SSD works absolutely fine, and I can plug it back up and boot Windows fine on my custom pc I...
  10. Download games on Hard Drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games on Hard Drive instead of SSD: Hello, i currently got a new gaming PC and it came with a 256 GB SSD along with a hard drive. However, i have already used all the available space on the SSD, and would now like to download games and store it in the Hard Drive. I have already went to the settings and put...