Windows 10: Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

Discus and support Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ML'A, Nov 4, 2021.

1. ML'A Win User

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the surface book 2 for my 3D work within applications like Photoshop, Zbrush, Houdini, Maya, etc... and whenever I try to right click with my pen, I get this very annoying circle that only disappears when I touch the screen with the pen.This feature is a F***ING AWFUL cancer of a feature I have been fighting against with all pens/tablets/computers I have used since Microsoft decided to introduce it whoever thought this was a good feature to add is

:)

ML'A, Nov 4, 2021

2. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with Wacom Tablet and Pen

Hello Kelly,

Thank you for providing me a detailed information of your concern. As I've researched about the "Circle" icon issue, it seems that you've already tried every possible workarounds to correct the said issue. Moreover, I would like verify which build is currently
    installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

Upon further investigating, I came across through a forum suggesting additional steps to somehow disable/minimize the appearance of the "Circle" icon. Kindly refer to the steps below:

1. Launch Control Panel, change the View by to
    Small icons.

2. Select Pen and Touch, select Press and hold and click on
    Settings button.

3. This time, try to leave the box checked for Enable press and hold for right-clicking.

4. Under Duration, move the slider all the way to the right.

Although this method is not the perfect fix, this will somehow make the "Circle" icon only show up for the first time.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 4, 2021
  3. lazykite Win User
    Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input

Howdy all!

I have an issue with Adobe illustrator and windows INK and surface book 2 pen input

While using Surface pen on my surface book 2 screen in Adobe Illustrator, drawing with the PEN tool the preview is dark blue.
    When using my finger, the preview line is the colour of the layer. This includes using a mouse.

But when drawing with the pen tool, the line is blue and also quite laggy in illustrator. This lag completely disappears if drawing with a mouse or my finger.

So I am trying to work out if Windows INK is automatically recognizing the pen and defaulting to a certain setting.
    or its an illustrator or adobe setting.
    There is no settings which I can find that have any effect on this automatic default.

Here is some screen shots from my phone trying to show the issue.

Any help apprecited, As I currently cant work becuase there is too much lag using the surface pen... and drawing my finger is harder than it sounds lol.

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 [​IMG]

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 [​IMG]

Cheers

lazykite, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with Wacom Tablet and Pen

Hello Microsoft community,

As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the Wacom Intuos Pro for my 3D work within applications like Photoshop, Zbrush, Houdini, Maya, etc... and whenever
    I try alt + right clicking with my pen, this is the result that I get:

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 1b206440-ef0d-47be-8356-9a1c87626745?upload=true.jpg

Essentially, the windows ink circle thing pops up, and I cannot alt + right click because of it defaulting to alt + left click instead.

I've tried many things to remove windows ink and touch functionalities including...

1. Updating all Wacom drivers & firmware to the latest and turning off "Use Windows Ink" in the tablet settings...

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 621caaa6-b8e1-4e51-b498-7791ca863a3b?upload=true.jpg

2. Configuring the "main" pen and tablet settings like so:

3. Going through the "other" windows pen and tablet settings via the control panel (which is now also missing the "flicks" tab btw)

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 81512f85-6319-4337-bfa8-e5b7790e6afd?upload=true.jpg

And finally, configuring the registry to disable "Hold mode," "Flick Mode," and "TouchMode_hold"

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 a85c140c-6ad9-4efd-a726-258bf21bec1e?upload=true.jpg

Sooo.. I dont know how to fix this. It's crucial to my work that I can alt + right-click things, and I strongly believe this is a Microsoft issue due to the fact that the "circle" icon which is popping up is nearly identical to the "press and hold" circles
    that windows ink tries using by default. I also haven't found a way to access the "flicks" settings in Windows, and perhaps it's some sort of "flicks" option that's messing this up?

Does anyone have any other ideas on how I could fix this? (besides switching to Mac) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, have a good day

ConorKelly2, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

1. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2 - Similar Threads - Ink Touch Disabling

2. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11: Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it...
  3. Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't disable Flicks/ Hold to right click/ pen circle Windows 11: Hello. I am having an issue using windows ink on Windows 11 Pro using Thinkpad Pen Pro.The hold to right click is interfering with all photo editing software. I cannot disable it in any way. If I want to draw any line, I have to drag it out of the circle, about 4mm, before it...
  4. Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink: Hi, My surface slim pen 2 pen tip stopped working. The pen is recognized by the device and the curser is even seen however the pen tip is just not inking, the back end however does work. My computer is a surface studio, I have already changed the pen tip and uninstalled...
  5. Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface slim pen 2 tip is failing to ink: Hi, My surface slim pen 2 pen tip stopped working. The pen is recognized by the device and the curser is even seen however the pen tip is just not inking, the back end however does work. My computer is a surface studio, I have already changed the pen tip and uninstalled...
  6. Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Ink & Touch - Disabling "Circle" icon when Right Clicking with pen on surface book 2: As the subject mentions, I am trying to prevent Microsoft's ink & touch functionality from interfering with Wacom's pen and tablet. I use the surface book 2 for my 3D work within applications like Photoshop, Zbrush, Houdini, Maya, etc... and whenever I try to right click...
  7. Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows INK issue with Adobe Illustrator, surface book 2 pen input: Howdy all! I have an issue with Adobe illustrator and windows INK and surface book 2 pen input While using Surface pen on my surface book 2 screen in Adobe Illustrator, drawing with the PEN tool the preview is dark blue. When using my finger, the preview line is the colour of...
  8. Disable Pen Windows Ink

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Pen Windows Ink: Hi, In Win10 1809 > Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows INK The first check box is : Write in the handwriting panel with your fingertip How to disable or turn off this check box in registry? thanks this does not help: Turn On or Off Write with Fingertip in Handwriting Panel...
  9. Surface Book Touch Pad Click Buttons...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Book Touch Pad Click Buttons...: I want regular (old) response with the left and right click buttons on the touch pad. I don't want to have to "Press the button firmly to click." I want to just lightly click the buttons for them to work. How do I change the settings on the computer to accomplish this?...
  10. Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Ink 2: Digging Deeper with Ink and Pen: In the last post, we explored a brief history of pen computing and introduced you to how easy it is to get started with Windows Ink in your Universal Windows Platform app. You saw that you can enable inking by adding a single line of code, an InkCanvas, to your app to enable...