Windows 10: Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager

Discus and support Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently ran into a weird issue.After opening up my Task Manager a few weeks ago, it started to take extremely long to load, about 2 minutes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ausso, Jun 21, 2024.

1. ausso Win User

Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager

Hello, I recently ran into a weird issue.After opening up my Task Manager a few weeks ago, it started to take extremely long to load, about 2 minutes. It usually opens immediately. During the 2 minutes, my computer freezes along with Task Manager being completely bland and my mouse being immovable. Then I noticed that 'Windows host process Rundll32' has completely filled up Task Manager estimate being over 200 instances. Right clicking on anything, selecting a Task Manager window makes it freeze up, and displays nothing. I have tried to find a solution to this and nothing has been of value

:)

ausso, Jun 21, 2024
  2. AndyH46 Win User

Windows Host Process (Rundll32) - Multiple versions

Running Windows 10 and experienced a slow down in processing tasks. I checked in File Manager and found I have 4 versions of Windows Host Process (Rundll32) active. 3 of them show memory and CPU usage and 1 seems to be static. Checked the library paths
    and all 4 reside in System 32 library. Do I need 4 versions or can I stop 3 of them.

AndyH46, Jun 21, 2024
  3. Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?

Why is there a Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup tab in Task Manager?

I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 default action, or if it came from some program I installed. Shouldn't rundll32.exe start automatically if it's needed?

It's not a virus, I'm positive it's the official exe in System32.
    I'm just curious, wondering why it's there. I can disable it without any obvious consequences.

gijoe50000, Jun 21, 2024
  4. Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager

Hundreds of "Windows host process (Rundll32)"

For a while now, if I look at my Task Manager, I'm greeted with literally hundreds of "Windows host process (Rundll32)" processes. They all only take up 0% CPU, 0.2-0.3 MB of Memory, 0 MB/s Disk, and 0 Mbps Network each. They also all come from "C:\Windows\System32".
    Restarting my computer doesn't work either. My computer works completely fine with all these processes running, but it's still cluttering my Task Manager and taking up a few hundred MB of my memory out of 16GB of memory.

imgur.com

Though, is there any way to fix this. Also, what's causing this to happen in the first place?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

Little Whispers, Jun 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager

1. Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager - Similar Threads - Host Process Rundll32

2. there are wayyy too many windows host process rundll32s running and launching my task...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there are wayyy too many windows host process rundll32s running and launching my task...: this has been annoying me for the past week and happens after like 3 hours of usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-wayyy-too-many-windows-host-process/34fbc38a-b419-45af-8819-95ca413567cb
  3. there are wayyy too many windows host process rundll32s running and launching my task...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    there are wayyy too many windows host process rundll32s running and launching my task...: this has been annoying me for the past week and happens after like 3 hours of usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-wayyy-too-many-windows-host-process/34fbc38a-b419-45af-8819-95ca413567cb
  4. Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager: Hello, I recently ran into a weird issue.After opening up my Task Manager a few weeks ago, it started to take extremely long to load, about 2 minutes. It usually opens immediately. During the 2 minutes, my computer freezes along with Task Manager being completely bland and my...
  5. Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager

Windows Host Process Rundll32 infesting my Task Manager: Hello, I recently ran into a weird issue.After opening up my Task Manager a few weeks ago, it started to take extremely long to load, about 2 minutes. It usually opens immediately. During the 2 minutes, my computer freezes along with Task Manager being completely bland and my...
  6. Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding: I'm on Windows 11. Windows update pushed the following update to my computer on 28 Oct 22. <<October 25, 2022-KB5018859 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11>>Since then, I've been having printing issues with this message: Windows host...
  7. Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding

Windows host process Rundll32 is not responding: I'm on Windows 11. Windows update pushed the following update to my computer on 28 Oct 22. <<October 25, 2022-KB5018859 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11>>Since then, I've been having printing issues with this message: Windows host...
  8. Process host windows Rundll32

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Process host windows Rundll32: Hello, I'm having some trouble with updating and uninstalling programs on my PC with Windows 10 as lately a message occur telling me that "Process host windows rundll32" is running and therefore I cannot update/uninstall the program. I've already searched on internet to try...
  9. Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Windows host process (Rundll32)' on Startup tab in Task manager: As the title: I noticed Windows startup was slow, so I wanted to disable some startup apps, and noticed there are 2 Windows host process (Rundll32) - each of them has Startup impact: medium Is one of them a malware? 69586
  10. Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup?: Why is there a Windows Host Process (Rundll32) in my Startup tab in Task Manager? I'm not sure if this is a Windows 10 default action, or if it came from some program I installed. Shouldn't rundll32.exe start automatically if it's needed? It's not a virus, I'm...