Windows 10: Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrBasher, Oct 24, 2022.

1. MrBasher Win User

Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas please?Regards,Dave G

:)

MrBasher, Oct 24, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

face recognition has stopped working

Hi, having a PIN is a precursor to setting up face recognition. I.e. when this was done, you would have used one: see
    Set up Face for Windows Hello in Windows 10

If you are lucky, assuming you have Home, see the registry option -Option 2- here;
    Enable or Disable Windows Hello Biometrics in Windows 10

What happened just before this? Did you receive an update or upgrade, or attempt to update drivers for example?
    Post a screenshot of your Update History thus:

Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working [​IMG]

Do you know the underlying password? (Using biometrics or a PIN does NOT make the password you would originally have used redundant). And once you are logged in, whether using face recognition or anything else, there are circumstances when you would be prompted for your password.

Is your account local, or linked to your Microsoft live id?

Can you use an alternative means to sign in e.g. your password?

If completely stuck and unable to log in and you don't know your password or PIN see
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

Is your camera working at all?

The forum prompted you (twice) for your build number (so we don't have to keep asking). Thanks.

What is the model of your laptop?

dalchina, Oct 24, 2022
  3. Windows "hello" face recognition stopped working

Original title: Windows hello camera startup

Widows face recognition "hello" stopped defaulting to the rear facing camera making the face recognition startup useless. I have the surface book and this phenomenon started only in the last few days. Previously it started with the rear facing camera and
    was fine

DavidMarkus, Oct 24, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

1. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Hello Face Recognition

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Face Recognition Stopped Working: Hi Guys,I have just reinstalled my PC Windows 11 Pro and the Hello face recognition is failing. it opens the camera and sees me and the just freezes like a photo, worked fine before I reinstalled. It is a generic IR/Webcam and works OK in Teams etc, any ideas...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  4. Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update

Hello Face Recognition - Camera stops working with Face Recognition after windows update: I have a Windows Surface, the camera works with zoom and teams and taking pictures, however after a recent update it stopped working with facial recognition. It will not allow me to remove facial recognition and is grayed out in the settings under account.I'm running windows...
  5. Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello face recognition: My hello face recognition has stopped working. In the settings it says my camera is not compatible. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition/dd429b1c-e3eb-45ee-978e-efd8086b1f1f
  6. Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  7. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...
  8. Windows Hello Face Recognition is not working

Windows Hello Face Recognition is not working: My laptop is ASUS Vivobook 14 x412fj. Face Recognition option in my laptop is not working, it says "no compatible camera found". What should I do?...
  9. face recognition stops working

face recognition stops working: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  10. hello face recognition does not work

hello face recognition does not work: hello face recognition does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition-does-not-work/9aa67d2e-4be3-4cef-9553-96a24b2b84f3