Windows 10: Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key"

Discus and support Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to use HLK to create a package and using the certificate store. My certificate is an EV code signing certificate using a Yubikey.I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oliver Ives, Oct 18, 2023.

1. Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key"

I am trying to use HLK to create a package and using the certificate store. My certificate is an EV code signing certificate using a Yubikey.I have been able to successfully sign files with this certificate and Yubikey beforehand, I am only getting this issue with HLK Studio.Would anyone know why this is?Thanks,Olly.

:)

Oliver Ives, Oct 18, 2023

2. Creating or signing in to microsoft account

Hi Gloria,

The error code that your are getting when adding an account is usually caused by the following:

• Your phone has an incorrect date and time set.
    • You do not have a data connection.
    • Your phone is in a "bad state."
    We suggest that you follow the steps on this link to set up your Microsoft
    Account on your device.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

Regards.

Marcel Dio, Oct 18, 2023
  3. How to solve "digitally signed driver is required"

On Windows 10 (64-bit), Microsoft has included a feature, driver signature enforcement feature that is designed to ensure that users of 64-bit versions of Windows require that you install digitally signed drivers.

Digitally signed drivers come with an electronic fingerprint that guaranties that the driver was created by the hardware manufacturer and that it hasn’t been modified since it was created.

If your drivers aren’t digitally signed you won’t be able to install them at all which means that you won’t be able to use the hardware that is associated with them.

To install less-than-official drivers or old unsigned drivers, you’ll need to disable driver signature enforcement.

FreeBooter, Oct 18, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key"

Signing of .hckx package

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are required to sign a .hckx package to upgrade the drivers for distribution. I suggest you to refer the article

Create a new hardware submission
    and see if that helps.

You can also post your query in
    MSDN forums
    , where we have support professionals and participating developers to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 18, 2023
Thema:

Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key"

1. Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key" - Similar Threads - Hardware Lab Kit

2. Windows 11 Hardware Lab Kit Requirement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Hardware Lab Kit Requirement: With the expiration of Cross Signing Certificates our company has found that we can no longer sign CAT files.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/deprecation-of-software-publisher-certificates-and-commercial-release-certificatesOur company does...
  3. Windows 11 Hardware Lab Kit Requirement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Hardware Lab Kit Requirement: With the expiration of Cross Signing Certificates our company has found that we can no longer sign CAT files.https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/deprecation-of-software-publisher-certificates-and-commercial-release-certificatesOur company does...
  4. Newer laptop. Signing in to windows. Won't sign in.

Newer laptop. Signing in to windows. Won't sign in.: Newer laptop. Signing in to windows. One microsoft account no option to switch. It asks for password then accepts it and wants to set up a pin. Setting up the pin "something went wrong." Options to retry- same result. Option to skip used to sign in but now goes back to start...
  5. Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key": I am trying to use HLK to create a package and using the certificate store. My certificate is an EV code signing certificate using a Yubikey.I have been able to successfully sign files with this certificate and Yubikey beforehand, I am only getting this issue with HLK...
  6. Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hardware Lab Kit won't sign my package "Failed to create Signing Key": I am trying to use HLK to create a package and using the certificate store. My certificate is an EV code signing certificate using a Yubikey.I have been able to successfully sign files with this certificate and Yubikey beforehand, I am only getting this issue with HLK...
  7. Signing a driver package

Signing a driver package: Is a release signature created through a Software Publisher Certificate SPC valid for Windows 10? Or the only way to do it is Hardware Certification Kit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/signing-a-driver-package/7bb3f0b1-de9d-4127-bde7-aef09031637b
  8. WINDOWS failing to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WINDOWS failing to sign in: hey, I was downloading then my screen went blank for an hour then I turned off my device.. I turned in on again.... then when I put my password it says incorrect.. it's been 2 days now.. it doesn't even gives me an option to sign in with my Microsoft account .. plz help...
  9. Microsoft Hardware Lab Kit Artwork

Microsoft Hardware Lab Kit Artwork: Hello, Where could I find the full updated certification logo with Windows Server 2019 and Windows Server 2016 with colors ? The package on the Partner center is not up to date. Thank you !...
  10. Fail to sign in

Fail to sign in: after I came to the AUS this year, I found that I can not sign in my onedrive account though my laptop, what is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fail-to-sign-in/aff3251f-d6ba-46c1-a199-3b46b770bf4e