Windows 10: Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11

Discus and support Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have had an ongoing issue with my windows explorer not responding. Every time I open file explorer it freezes and I am unable to navigate through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kleo Guthrie, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11

Hi, I have had an ongoing issue with my windows explorer not responding. Every time I open file explorer it freezes and I am unable to navigate through my folders to reach any files. I then need to end the task with task manager in order to close the window again. I have tried numerous times to fix this issue by clearing history, changing file explorer options, restarting file explorer, restarting my laptop etc. but nothing has worked so far. This is an extremely frustrating issue and has caused a number of problems. I am not sure what else to do. I would really appreciate some urgent assistan

:)

Kleo Guthrie, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2023
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 24, 2023
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Sep 24, 2023
Thema:

Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11

1. Windows Explorer not responding - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Explorer responding

2. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...: This issue's been happening since 2022 for me. The goofy guy I am decided to just deal with it and use different ways to handle these kind of situations. I haven't done a disk fragment yet, and if you're wondering, I tried many solutions to fix it, but they never worked....
  3. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...: This issue's been happening since 2022 for me. The goofy guy I am decided to just deal with it and use different ways to handle these kind of situations. I haven't done a disk fragment yet, and if you're wondering, I tried many solutions to fix it, but they never worked....
  4. Hey, my windows explorer stops responding the second I click on an image, video, exe file,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hi, my windows explorer stops responding within the first instruction its given

Hi, my windows explorer stops responding within the first instruction its given: Hi, I already followed some other solution is this forum, but everytime something went wrong, i have already tried:restarting it from the task manager it simply doesn't open again, and when i do it manually it is still bugged;update de win11 to the newest version;Using the...
  6. Hi, my windows explorer stops responding within the first instruction its given

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, my windows explorer stops responding within the first instruction its given: Hi, I already followed some other solution is this forum, but everytime something went wrong, i have already tried:restarting it from the task manager it simply doesn't open again, and when i do it manually it is still bugged;update de win11 to the newest version;Using the...
  7. When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding: I accidentally end task start service module 32-bit if that's the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-file-explorer-then-i-try-to-open/cbd943d6-3842-49fc-a444-92672c6e8efc
  8. When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding

When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding: I accidentally end task start service module 32-bit if that's the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-file-explorer-then-i-try-to-open/cbd943d6-3842-49fc-a444-92672c6e8efc
  9. When i open file explorer then i try to open "downlod" my file explorer says not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. File Explorer not responding forever

File Explorer not responding forever: Hello. The file explorer is not responding whenever I try to open any folders or enter any disk. I have tried to restart my computer, updating my OS, changing the display setting and pretty much most methods I can find online, but the problem persists. Any idea how to fix it...